Auto-complete Payment Processing when Tickets are Free

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Auto-complete Payment Processing when Tickets are Free

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Modern Tribe Support Crew:

Is there a way to make WooCommerce or Event Tickets Plus auto complete an order for tickets which are free/no charge? I do not want to auto-complete any tickets where there is payment involved, just the ones that have $0.00 as the price. These tickets get hung up in the “Processing” phase and will not send out a ticket until it is completed, which we would have to do manually if it does not auto-complete. Oh, and we cannot use RSVP because we have Field Sets that we require participants to fill out.
    This is a big pain.

Hope you are having a terrific day.

Ron….

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with your question.

There are settings that control this in Events > Settings > Tickets > “WooCommerce Support.” But unfortunately, those settings will affect all tickets, not just free tickets.

I looked at the filters that apply these settings, and it doesn’t look like you would have access to the cost data within the filter. Which means that there doesn’t seem to be a way you could modify this on a per ticket basis.

Regarding the idea of using RSVPs, are you sure this wouldn’t work for you? RSVPs have support for custom fieldsets just as tickets do. Can you explain what you mean by “we cannot use RSVP because we have Field Sets that we require participants to fill out”?

Thanks,
    Sky

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Sky:

I thought that RSVPs could did not support “required” field sets. That was one reason I was not using them. It would be great news if I could use field sets AND be able to have registrants be able to cancel their RSVPs (I had another thread where I was trying to find a way for participants to be able to cancel/reschedule tickets. Cliff said the only way was to use RSVP). I will test this out over the weekend and let you know how it works. Is there anything else I should be aware of before proceeding?

Thank you so much for your help. You guys are fantastic over there at MT.

Ron….

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

I double checked and custom fieldsets are available in RSVPs.

I can’t think of anything else that pertains to your situation.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto-complete Payment Processing when Tickets are Free’ is closed to new replies.