Attendees screen is blank

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees screen is blank

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

Hi – this relates to a ticket I opened when I tried the 4.6 beta:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/beta-version-4-6rc1-2/

Basically – there were 2 issues I listed there. The second has been fixed I see, however, the blank screen that appears when clicking on attendees is still blank?

Thanks

Courtney

Hi Adam

Can you tell me if the same thing happens with all other plugins deactivated except leaving Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, and The Events Calendar activated?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Adam
    Participant

Hi Courtney

I disabled all the plugins, it wasn’t that. However if I change theme to twentyseventeen it works, so it looks theme related? It’s a Beaver Builder child theme. Any ideas?

All was working fine until went to 4.6 beta and then 4.6

Thanks

Courtney

That is odd Adam, but it does seem related to the child theme. Does this happen if just the Beaver Builder parent theme is active?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Adam
    Participant

Hi

Yes it works fine if I use the parent theme. So I went back to the child theme and started off by commenting out the code I had from Cliff recently (2 functions). Commenting out one of them fixes the issue.

The code in question worked prior to 4.6 – and is below…

/**
     * Event Tickets Plus - WooCommerce Tickets: Filter Visible tickets to have a
     * post title of "Tickets for {Event_Name}" while in Shop or Search.
     * We filter the ticket name in Shop and Search so that an event with 2 tickets
     * (e.g. Lower-Level and Balcony) but only 1 Visible (e.g. Balcony) does not
     * appear simply as "Balcony" in the Shop and then customers are looking around
     * within the Shop for a different type of ticket for the event (e.g. Lower-
     * Level).
     * @see  cliff_one_wooticket_visible_per_event
     * @param $title
     * @param $id
     * @return string
     */
    add_filter( 'the_title', 'cliff_filter_wooticket_titles_in_shop_and_search', 10, 2 );
    function cliff_filter_wooticket_titles_in_shop_and_search( $title, $id ) {
    	if (
    		! is_admin()
    		&& function_exists( 'is_shop' )
    		&& function_exists( 'wc_get_product' )
    		&& (
    			is_shop()
    			|| is_search()
    		)
    		&& wc_get_product( $id )
    		&& class_exists( 'Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main' )
    	) {
    		// Search for the non-deprecated custom field.
    		$event_id = (int) get_post_meta( $id, Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main::ATTENDEE_EVENT_KEY, true );
    		if ( ! tribe_is_event( $event_id ) ) {
    			// Search for the deprecated custom field, from Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main::$event_key
    			$event_id = (int) get_post_meta( $id, '_tribe_wooticket_for_event', true );
    		}

if ( tribe_is_event( $event_id ) ) {
    			$title = esc_html( get_the_title( $event_id ) ); 
    		}
    	}

return $title;
    }

So I guess it calls upon something that has changed in 4.6?

Thanks

Cliff

Hi. The snippet at https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/c012f2945a22867a3af2c2878e06fffd was recently updated for Event Tickets 4.6+

Please make sure you’re working off the latest version.

Adam
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

1) Thanks for pointing out there was an updated script – how would I know in the future to check if scripts have been updated?

2) Ok – so I replaced those 2 functions with the updated ones – same result I’m afraid, the Attendees back-end screen is blank. If I comment out the 2nd of the 2 functions, as below:

// add_filter( 'the_title', 'cliff_filter_wooticket_titles_in_shop_and_search', 10, 2 );

Then the Attendees screen appears correctly – so am I missing something? I do have a few tribe overrides here and there, but when we were figuring this stuff out (resulting in using this script), you didn’t think those overrides were an issue at the time. Just mentioning them again for completeness – they are:

/bb-theme-child/tribe-events/modules/meta/details.php

/bb-theme-child/tribe-events/month/mobile.php
    /bb-theme-child/tribe-events/month/single-event.php
    /bb-theme-child/tribe-events/month/tooltip.php

/bb-theme-child/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

/bb-theme-child/tribe-events/widgets/list-widget.php

/bb-theme-child/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

Thanks

Cliff

Adam, providing the snippet was going above and beyond our Scope of Support / Terms for you, which we like to do for situations that can potentially be helpful to multiple customers. We generally do not maintain such snippets into the future.

That being said, I retested the snippet on my own test site and it works with the latest versions of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus. I shared it with other users recently (which is what caused me to update it) and heard back it was working for them as well.

In my testing, the only thing that I found could be causing trouble here is if you have both Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce active at the time of creating or editing a WooCommerce ticket.

You’ll need to troubleshoot this further on your own or possibly with the help of a developer. If you need some coding help, you may want to reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

If you do find out what’s causing it to not work on your site, please do report back for everyone’s benefit.

Adam
    Participant

Hi Cliff

I understand that providing the snippet was more than you guys would usually do, and I was grateful for it. And I’m sure the update is fundamentally sound.

I don’t use easy digital downloads. I’m a developer myself (though PHP is not my forte) and I am quite happy to troubleshoot this myself.

I appreciate there are a multitude of plugins / themes out there, and any of them could cause a conflict, and I’ll definitely look further into that.

However, I think the more likely cause is probably related to one or more overrides I have in place. So all I’m really after from you guys is guidance or a pointer in terms of that. Basically, if your snippet needed updating after 4.6, are there any of your plugin php files (that I have overridden) that have a newer 4.6 version that I need to use instead for my overrides?

I’ve looked at one and there’s no version number in the template, so bar manually doing a compare, I was hoping you could simply tell me what files, if any (from those I listed in my previous reply), were updated in 4.6? That way I know which overrides need the newer base version copied to my child theme?

If there aren’t any that were updated as part of 4.6, then it looks like I’ll need to go down the plugin / theme conflict route…

Thanks

Adam
    Participant

Found the issue!

It was in a template override after all, but it was my code at fault not yours.

I do some weird stuff re categories, and co-incidentally around the time of the 4.6 beta, I had added a new category that needed referencing in the override – which I forgot to add. Adding it fixed the problem.

So I assumed (I know, I know) that the 4.6 beta (and RC) was the likely cause as that (in my head) was what had changed.

However, it would still be good if you can tell me if any of my listed templates should be updated following 4.6?

Thanks

Courtney

Thanks Adam! I’ll be sure Cliff sees that update too. I’m so glad you found the issue. Do let us know if you need support with other issues.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Cliff

Adam, thanks for your effort and reporting back.

Going to wp-admin > Events > Help — then to the “Recent Template Changes” section — would allow you to see recent template changes so you can know which might need attention.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees screen is blank’ is closed to new replies.