Attendees Details not available

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Attendees Details not available

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Abigail Davis.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Davis
    Participant

Hi there,

I have u huge problem as my attendee list details are very important for a Marathon. Some of them dont have attendee information. I need to export the entire list with fully captured details for each entry. Why would some not have info?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Abigail,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I’m sorry to hear about the missing attendee information.

So far we have identified two scenarios when the attendee info goes missing.

One is when the user fills out the attendee info and adds the ticket to the cart. Then the user increases the amount if tickets on the cart page. Obviously these new tickets will not have the required info.

The second is when tickets with info are in the cart but during the process the payment is cancelled first, and paid only in the “second run”. When the payment is cancelled (e.g. on the PayPal payment page) and the user is redirected to the cart, then the ticket is still in the cart but the extra info gets lost.

Do you think any of these could be the cause in your case?

Andras

Abigail Davis
    Participant

Hi there,

Yes I think the cart could be the problem. Is there any way to clear the cart if payment is not made and to avoid cart increase?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

to avoid cart increase

There are some workarounds for this. One would be this plugin.

This will also remove the quantity fields from the product page though, but it could get you started on customizing it to suit your needs.

Other would be this snippet:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/66bf05df61ee269c60ff20d6f39e2cab

Copy it into your functions.php file.

Is there any way to clear the cart if payment is not made

I found this little snippet, but it didn’t work for me unfortunately.

add_action('after_woocommerce_pay', 'my_function_clear_cart', 110);
    function my_function_clear_cart() {
      WC()->cart->empty_cart(true);
      WC()->session->set('cart', array());
    }

For this you will need to get in touch with WooCommerce support, as this is done already on their part, and not with our calendar plugins.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Abigail Davis
    Participant

I see that the field info is not captured after a cancellation. Why would it
    not capture the fields if they have to start afresh? Another thing that is
    wrong is that if the payment made takes too long to clear then the payment
    is rejected even though it went through.

Abigail Davis
    Participant

I also want to ask if there is a way to allow organizers to log in and see
    their attendees only?

Abigail Davis
    Participant

I have events calendar and I would like an event owner to login and view
    only their event attendees and download a csv. Is there an extension
    perhaps?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Abigail,

Thanks for getting back to me and all your questions. Let’s tackle them one by one.

I see that the field info is not captured after a cancellation. Why would it
    not capture the fields if they have to start afresh?

Currently the issue is that the data is not preserved when the order is cancelled. That is a bug on our side which our developers will take a look at.

if the payment made takes too long to clear then the payment is rejected even though it went through.

This is beyond our control. This part of the process is handled by WooCommerce and the payment gateway you use. To get support for this I recommend you to get in touch with the respective parties.

I have events calendar and I would like an event owner to login and view only their event attendees and download a csv. Is there an extension perhaps?

At the moment there is no extension for this functionality. It can possibly be done with custom coding, but that is beyond the scope of our support.

Also a possible option for this would be our Community Events plugin, which allows third parties to publish events to your calendar, which they can then handle independently and will not be able to handle anything else, but their events. This can be complemented with Community Tickets to give them the possibility to sell tickets to their events.

Hope this helps. I’m here for any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Abigail Davis
    Participant

Hi there,

Is there any solution to the attendee info being lost after a cancellation?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Abigail,

Thanks for pinging me about this. I checked the status and it is currently waiting for approval, so the developer can start working on a fix. The current plan is to get a fix out with the next maintenance release of Event Tickets Plus, which is planned for late March / early April.

If you ping me in about 2 weeks I can give you another update.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees Details not available’ is closed to new replies.