Attendee List Showing "Awaiting Review" & Cart Abandonment Tracking

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Attendee List Showing "Awaiting Review" & Cart Abandonment Tracking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    William Huff
    Participant

Hello,

Have EC Pro and ET Plus running on my site.

Everything seems to working smoothly, but have two questions regarding cart abandonment and how it affects attendee or event.

1. We currently have the WooCommerce, EC Pro and ET Plus to ONLY send out emails on order completion (that means payment confirmation and tickets). However, I did a test, registered for an event, got all the way to the cart, then checkout – then I did NOT pay. I just abandoned the payment page.

When I went back into the event to check and make sure I wasn’t added as an attendee, I saw the attendee list marked as “1 Awaiting Review” but there was no one listed, because I never completed the purchase, so I was never added to the event.

What is the thing, “Awaiting Review”? It is confusing/freaking out the client.

2. With our old system, we would get a form fill notice when someone registered for a class, then a payment notice when they completed. This way, if they filled out a form but DID NOT complete payment, we could call them back and follow up.

With the EC Pro and ET Plus, we have it set up to only send notices if we get a completed registration WITH PAYMENT.

How could we get notice of someone filling out all the way to the payment page, but then not completing the order? Is that a WooCommerce thing?

Please advise

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello William,

Thanks for using our plugins and for reaching out! I’d be happy to help you with your questions.

1. Until a cart has fully been paid for there is (should be) nothing recorded for that event. A ticket will only be marked as sold when a successful payment is done. This is strongly connected to how WooCommerce functions as WooCommerce is handling all the processes regarding sales.

You will see “Awaiting Review” on the attendees page when a ticket has been sold, but the WooCommerce order status is “Pending Payment”, “On hold” or “Processing”. Once you mark the order “Completed” the Awaiting Review will disappear.

Again, if you abandon the cart and don’t complete the purchase it should not appear as Awaiting Review. That could be an older order.

2. This is mostly handled by WooCommerce. By default if an order is placed – with whatever payment gateway – then the site admin gets an email of the happenings, and likely the user too. But this requires going all the way and finishing the order.

How could we get notice of someone filling out all the way to the payment page, but then not completing the order? Is that a WooCommerce thing?

If you would like this functionality, then you will need an extension for WooCommerce. Something like this should get you started, but surely there are some other solutions for this out there.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee List Showing "Awaiting Review" & Cart Abandonment Tracking’ is closed to new replies.