Attendee Information for a group

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendee Information for a group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tara.finch
    Participant

Hello, I have search your forum but haven’t found the answer to a question I had.

I am using the attendee information section to collect the arrival time of my customers. Typically they come in groups all at the same time. Is there a way to only have “one attendee” information show on there end.

Currently if you are looking at it from the customer view they have to select an arrival time for every attendee. If you have 10 people coming thats alot to click the same time over and over again.

Thanks!
    Tara

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with your question.

Unfortunately, there are no settings built in to do this. I agree that they way it handles groups tickets could be improved.

I can offer a CSS snippet that might help. It will hide all but the first attendee data fields. If the fields aren’t required it should work in your case.

.tribe-event-tickets-plus-meta-attendee:not(:first-of-type){
    display: none!important;
    }

Can you add that to your theme’s CSS file or in the customizer Additional CSS panel and see if it has the desired result? If you have other tickets that you don’t want to do this on, you may need to add a more specific selector to the CSS to control which are affected.

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,
    Sky

tara.finch
    Participant

Thanks Sky!

I appreciate your comment, this worked.

Is there a way to do it with a required field?

I can turn this off but I would prefer it to be on.

Thanks!
    Tara

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Glad that’s working!

If you mark a field as “required” and some of them are hidden, you will not be able to submit the form. There’s not really an easy way here to mark only the first set of fields “required.”

This is a “hack” and is going to have some limitations.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee Information for a group’ is closed to new replies.