attendee information field is missing from event.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus attendee information field is missing from event.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Adcock
    Participant

Very excited to see this added. Unfortunately, it is not working. I added a text field asking for additional attendees names.
    I have deactivated all other plugins and switched to 2014 but it still isn’t showing.

Melanie

Nico

Hi there Melanie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! And thanks for testing for conflicts before posting πŸ™‚

Additional fields are shown when tickets quantity field is set to 1 or more, in the events front-end. Depending how many tickets you set, the corresponding amount of fields will be shown. Does this makes sense? Are you testing it this way?

Also, inspecting your site I see this event has some JS errors in the browser debug console: http://gacpr.melanieadcockdevsites.com/class/bls-healthcare-providers-2/ regarding the front end tickets form. Do the same errors appear when you switch to TweentySixteen theme and no other plugins are active?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

Yes, by default I have changed the quantity to one. I have tested changing the quantity to 3 and 5 with the same result. Another poster said it was a Genesis child theme (Dynamik) conflict in her case but since I have even tested with 2014, and 2013 I still don’t see it working.

Melanie

Nico

Thanks for following up Melanie!

Yes, by default I have changed the quantity to one.

Can you explain how you did this?

but since I have even tested with 2014, and 2013 I still don’t see it working.

Do you see the same errors in the browser console (https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors#Step_3:_Diagnosis) I mentioned above when using any of the default themes?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

A few months ago (yes the project that had dragged on and on) I asked how to make the default 1 and got an answer. I’ll look on Monday. I am in the process of moving to a new state. I won’t have internet installed until Monday. I’ll take a look at the console and see what is happening. I’ll re-test with 2013/14.

Melanie

Nico

Hi there Melanie,

No rush on this! Hope the move is smooth, and please let me know about this: “A few months ago (yes the project that had dragged on and on) I asked how to make the default 1 and got an answer.” I’m guessing it might be causing this!

Best,
    Nico

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

you were right. It was the code change that had the default showing as 1 (request by client). I disabled that and the attendee box shows. His concern is that most of his clients won’t see the quantity box. I had added the file tickets.php in the wootickets folder to my theme folder and change line 60 to 1.

woocommerce_quantity_input( array(
    						'input_name'  => 'quantity_' . $ticket->ID,
    						'input_value' => 1,
    						'min_value'   => 0,
    						'max_value'   => $max_quantity,
    					) );

I believe when I started this site back in December Event Ticket PLus came out just after I finished setting up WooTickets. It would be nice to have the default be 1 and have the attendee trigger but I’ll see which is his preference.
    Melanie

Nico

Thanks for digging into the code Melanie! Great work spotting this issue!

So, if I don’t get you wrong the code in this article is generating the glitch β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/handling-ticket-quantities/ ?

Please let me know and I’ll review and look for a better solution (probably using JS to change the quantity once the page has loaded),
    Thanks,
    Nico

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

I spoke with my client yesterday. He is fine with it being zero. He is happy about the attendee name being added. I would like to add a line to point out to select # of tickets and also change the wording of the Attendees. The first attendee is a not a additional attendee but may or may not be the person purchasing. Therefore, I would like to change this to Name of Attendee. Which file is this located in so I can make an override template.

Melanie

Nico

That’s great Melanie πŸ™‚

I would like to add a line to point out to select # of tickets

Sure, before or after the tickets form?

also change the wording of the Attendees

You can do that with the code in this article: Change the wording of any bit of text or string.

Therefore, I would like to change this to Name of Attendee.

Not 100% sure about this, can you please create a sample event with tickets (or maybe just change the date of one of the past events) so I can see this in action and be sure about it?

Thanks a lot,
    Nico

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

Thanks Nico,
    I’ve created another event for next Wednesday. http://gacpr.melanieadcockdevsites.com/class/bls-healthcare-providers-4/

I would like to add the line of text under the word Tickets but before the quantity field. “Select the number of tickets you would like to purchase.

Melanie

Nico

Thanks Melanie! I get you know that I can see this πŸ™‚

To add that text you’ll need to create a template override (as described in our themer’s guide) of the file wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php. Once the copy of the file is in the correct folder in your theme, go ahead and add the content in line 19 of the template, you can wrap it around a h3 tag.

Regarding the ‘Name(s) of Additional Attendee(s)’ that’s the name of the field in the ticket settings, just change it in the tickets section when editing the event. Maybe I’m getting something wrong on this one?

Please let me know if you can nail this,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘attendee information field is missing from event.’ is closed to new replies.