attach sound or voice recording to qr codes

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus attach sound or voice recording to qr codes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Arthur C
    Participant

Hello, is it possible to attach sounds or voice recording to qr codes tickets so when you scan it for check in to play that sound? that would be great..

Cliff

Hi, Arthur.

The QR codes added by Event Tickets Plus aren’t customizable, but you could remove them via custom code like this:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/36b24ada494337b5dad7

And then you could re-add your own QR code with your own (different) custom code.

You can reference our QR code generator’s code at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/QR.php if it might help.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Arthur C
    Participant

Ok, thank you, so lets say I will upload my own QR code, when I will scan the code for check in it will will be a different url( for ex. an url who’s playing a voice recording ), my question is do I have to check in that person manually or it will still redirect me to wordpress for an automatic check in?

Cliff

The way QR codes work, your browser can only open a single URL.

If you want the QR scan to go to the check-in URL, leave things as-is.

If you want the QR scan to go to a different URL, like one that plays an audio file, you’d have to use a different/second QR code. It’d be your choice if you want to have 2 QR codes in a single email or do something different.

I really don’t understand the use case of a QR code in the ticket email going to an audio file. Could you please explain the goals of such an implementation?

Arthur C
    Participant

The goal for this is if a person checks in at the event I want to record their names with a voice recorder, and welcome them with a voice like: “Welcome to our event John Smith”
    If you can implement an option to upload a voice recording/mp3 in the admin area of participants, so when the ticket is checked in to play that mp3, that with be a solution

Cliff

Interesting use case; thanks for sharing.

I appreciate your question and the desire to customize it for your use. However, we cannot provide such in-depth customization help, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Arthur C
    Participant

You gave me a code snippet to hide the QR code on emails, I need to hide QR code only for tickets that have no tickets fields to fill, the reason I need that is because I need to add a separate ticket for an additional charge and there is no option to do that, or if you have a solution to add an extra cost to a regular ticket please let me know, thank you!

Cliff

Arthur, I appreciate the details you’ve shared here, but the snippet I shared was about as much as I can help toward your custom code implementation. Please reference the list of known customizers or hire your own developer if you need coding assistance for your customization(s). Thank you for your understanding.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘attach sound or voice recording to qr codes’ is closed to new replies.