Assigning an existing event to a new user (Event Contributor)

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Assigning an existing event to a new user (Event Contributor)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cashoefman
    Participant

Hi,

I have created a few events previously that I would like to assign to a newly created user, a community events contributor. Is that possible and if so how?

Thanks!

Cas

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Cas,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m happy to help you with this one.

When you are editing an event, then in the top right corner of the page you can see a “Screen Options” button. If you click on that, then a frame opens.

In that frame make sure that the checkbox next to “Author” is checked. This will make a meta box appear somewhere on the event editing page (likely at the bottom) where you can choose a new Author for the event.

Hit Update and you are done.

Here’s a screenshot to guide you.

Hope this helps, let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

cashoefman
    Participant

Andras,

That doesn’t work, see screenshots below:

These are the users that have been configured, I am trying to assign existing events to “Seth Bush”

But in the “Author” field this person isn’t listed, only the “Administrative” users are listed.

cashoefman
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Cas,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots, that is helpful.

You can assign users as an event author who have editor capabilities.

I see you have an event contributor role, to the best of my knowledge that role doesn’t come with our plugins, actually we don’t add any specific user roles.

You can compare the capabilities of editor and event contributor and check what is missing.

WPFront User Role Editor or User Role Editor plugins should help you with that.

Does this help get you started?

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This post might also be helpful, Cas.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

Let me know how far you get.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Assigning an existing event to a new user (Event Contributor)’ is closed to new replies.