Assigning an Author to All Scheduled Google Calendar Imported Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Assigning an Author to All Scheduled Google Calendar Imported Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Reynolds
    Participant

We have Event Aggregator set up to check Google Calendar for new events and import them into our Event Calendar.

We have one employee who is creating and maintaining all events on the Google Calendar and website. She uses the Community Events form to enter any events she doesn’t enter into Google Calendar.

Our calendar person also uses the My Events link to view and edit or delete events that she created.

The issue is that, when the Event Aggregator imports events from Google Calendar, these events are not assigned to her user. So, they do not display in the My Events queue.

How can all imported events be automagically assigned her user as the author?

Thank you!

🙂 Eric

Cliff

Hi, Eric.

By default, the import author is assigned via https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/4.6/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Abstract.php#L2122-L2145

Here’s a snippet to change that behavior and instead always set it to User ID #4 (obviously would need to change for your own site’s setup):

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/4d4875f93ee9acf08584007c978919a0

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Assigning an Author to All Scheduled Google Calendar Imported Events’ is closed to new replies.