Assign "owner" to Organisation and Venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Assign "owner" to Organisation and Venue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luke Kenny
    Participant

I see in Admin Roles & Permissions that I can create a user type and limit them to editing their “own” events, organisers and venues.

How can I allocate an event, organiser or venue to a particular user?

What I’d really like to do is have a user role of Venue Manager, allocate certain venues to that manager, then only let them view and edit the events at those venues in the back end…. is that possible?

Cliff

Hi, Luke.

You can go to the top-right corner of the wp-admin event edit screen, click “Screen Options”, and then check the “Author” box.

Then you can do the same when editing the other two post types (organizers and venues).

From then on, you’ll have the Author drop-down available when editing one of these three post types.

As far as custom permissions/capabilities go, you could use a plugin like User Role Editor (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us) or one like it or custom coding. In other words, it’s not something we support.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Assign "owner" to Organisation and Venue’ is closed to new replies.