"Artist Field"

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions "Artist Field"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Benedikt Reiter

I want to use Calendar Pro for a customer but I need the functionality of an “artist”-field where i can link to a custom post type “artist” page, to show information about the artist.
    Is this possible or is this possible with a little programming work?

Joyce Grace

Hello Benedikt,

Our calendar is only a calendar, and its events use custom post types.

It seems to me what you are trying to do is create another type of custom post type for your artists, which you would need to set up in your theme, apart from our plugin.

To get an event to link to an artist’s page, all you have to do is add the link like in any WordPress editing screen. It is the same editor. When you add your description, simply add a link to the artists page.

If you want this to be part of the data that shows up along with date, time, venue, etc., we do have a place for “custom fields” where this type of information can be entered. However, at the moment, these fields don’t take HTML. We are releasing a new version very soon (with a week or two), and when that happens we might have the ability to add HTML to custom fields. However I can’t guarantee that will be the case.

I hope this helps!

Joyce Grace

Oh, and yes, you could also custom code this ability 🙂

John

Okay, I really really need this HTML functionality support in custom fields. Please tell me this will be released soon..

Joyce Grace

Hello John,
    We can’t guarantee when, but I can say we release new versions at the beginning of every month, and I do know this is something we are very aware of on the development side. Sometimes there is just not enough bandwidth or man power to address everything, and we try to fix the most urgent cases as a priority.

If this is something you need very very soon, and if it is not fixed in the upcoming July release, I would suggest that maybe there is a developer out there who can help you make modifications? I’m sure if you ask around you’ll find someone suitable.

Sorry I can’t offer you more! 🙁

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘"Artist Field"’ is closed to new replies.