Arrow for next page at the bottom of the page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Arrow for next page at the bottom of the page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    playmakerne
    Participant

Hi,

When our users look through the events in the events calendar, they flip to the next page by pushing an arrow button at the top of the page. Is it possible to get a similar arrow button at the bottom of the page? For the users it seems more logical to push a button there, instead of scrolling back up to the top of the page.

Thank you for your help
    Kind Regards
    Christine

P.S. We will be moving the site from ny.playmakerne.dk to playmakerne.dk one of these days, so if the URL is not working, try the other one.

Geoff B.

Good evening Christine and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Is it possible to get a similar arrow button at the bottom of the page?

Absolutely. That can be accomplished via a template customization.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

The language school WordPress theme already contains a customization for most of the views.

You can see that in the theme’s /tribe-events/ folder. Simply copy or move the arrow related code to the bottom of the desired view and you should be good to go.

I can help with that if you are stuck.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

playmakerne
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried reading and understanding the Themer’s guide, but I am still not sure what to do.

I have located three tribe-events-folders in my theme:

cmsmasters-events-functions.php
    (tribe-events/cmsmasters-events-functions.php)

default-template.php
    (tribe-events/default-template.php)

single-event.php
    (tribe-events/single-event.php)

But I am not sure what to do with them, and where to find the arrow related code. Can you assist me again?

Thank you for your patience with me once again. I am very grateful.

Kind regards
    Christine

Geoff B.

Good evening Christine,

That’s a great question. If you want to modify the list view for example, you will need to edit the file found under wp-content/themes/language-school/tribe-events/list/content.php to add the navigation.

Here’s a really quick version of that: content (you will need to edit and perhaps review the CSS)

The code come from /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/nav.php

Of course you can do the same with any other view.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

playmakerne
    Participant

Hi again,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to edit the file: wp-content/themes/language-school/tribe-events/list/content.php. But no matter what I do, there is no change on the web site. In fact I can duplicate lines, remove lines or delete the entire file, and the website is still unchanged. So I must assume that the events draw the information from another filethan this one? We have looked through a lot of files, but haven’t located the right one yet. Do you have any idea, which file it could be instead of this one?

By the way, we only use list view for the site.

Kind regards
    Christine

Geoff B.

Good evening Christine,

Thank you for writing back.

This is super strange (to say the least). Is it possible that you have some caching or CDN solution in place that is preventing the edits from working ?

On another note, could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

playmakerne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

playmakerne
    Participant

Thank you,
    I am afraid, that there is no file connected to the link. I get the message: “That file isn’t here anymore
    Someone might’ve deleted the file or disabled the link.”
    (I haven’t been to work for the last couple of days, so maybe I was too slow at reacting to your response?)

Kind regards
    Christine

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

playmakerne
    Participant

No problem. It works now. Thank you very much for your great help once again!

Best regards
    Christine

Geoff B.

Hey Christine,

I am super stoked that it works for you!

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Arrow for next page at the bottom of the page’ is closed to new replies.