Are these things possible?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Are these things possible?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tom

I’m trying to build a gym time table something similar to this: http://www.ghfc.com/class-schedules.aspx#filters

My questions:
    1) Would it be possible to create sub-sections for Morning, Mid-day, and Evening?
    2) Would it be possible to make it a date-less weekly view since the events are the same every week?
    3) Would it be possible to filter by instructor, category, class, or time of day?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi – thanks for considering Events Calendar PRO 🙂

1) Would it be possible to create sub-sections for Morning, Mid-day, and Evening?

In month view? Yes. That’s not something that happens by default, though, so you’d need to make some customizations (and we have a Themer’s Guide that covers the basics).

2) Would it be possible to make it a date-less weekly view since the events are the same every week?

You could certainly remove any reference to the dates and indeed hide the pagination links that let people navigate from week to week, yes.

3) Would it be possible to filter by instructor, category, class, or time of day?

Potentially – check out our Filter Bar plugin which would allow you to do much if not all of this – particularly if you define instructors and classes using categories or tags.

I hope that answers your questions, but please don’t hesitate to let me know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Tom

Great! One more question about the weekly view. Since we wont be using the dates at all, would there be any easy way to modify the code to make it invisible on the backend?

Perhaps permanently fix everything to one particular week or automatically assume that you are always creating/editing a recurring instance?

The dates aspect should be just as invisible to the staff users as it is to the customer users.

Thanks!

Tom

This wasnt answered! How do I mark it unanswered?

Barry

Hi Tom!

Since we wont be using the dates at all, would there be any easy way to modify the code to make it invisible on the backend?

I suspect that is possible – but honestly it would be a more unusual/involved customization. There are many different ways to tackle situations like this and it’s starting to sound like – at least with regards to week view – you want to break away significantly from the normal behaviours, both front-end and in the admin environment.

There’s no reason you can’t change things to suit your needs but I have to be upfront here and say you would need strong coding skills (at least for this aspect).

Margaret

Can we use the events calendar independent of a website?

Barry

Hi Margaret,

Honestly I’m not too sure what you mean: The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are both WordPress plugins designed to run within a WordPress-powered website so, at the very least, you would need a WordPress installation in which to use them.

That doesn’t have to be a publicly available website and it could even mean you run WordPress locally on your own computer (if you’re happy with the process for setting that up) if that’s the sort of thing you are picturing?

I hope that answers your question but if not it would be great if you could post a new thread of your own – thanks 🙂

Barry

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Are these things possible?’ is closed to new replies.