Are these requirement supported?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Are these requirement supported?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marc Simkin

Hi:

I’m reading over all your documentation on the Events Calendar to determine if you support the functionality that I needed. I have not been able to determine if all my requirements are supported. My requirements are:

1) Adding events:
    a. Only community members can add an event.
    b. Anyone can add an event, even if they are not a member of the community.
    2) An event needs to be owned by multiple community members. The list should of available members should be exposed in a drop down with type ahead.
    3) The event owner(s) should be able to revise the event before or after approval.
    4) An email should be sent to a community manager when an event is submitted or approved.
    5) When a new event is approved an email should be sent to all members that have signed up for notifications for that specific event type.
    6) Community managers should only be able to approve specific event types.
    7) Events should not be published, either new or revised, until they are approved by a community manager.
    8) When an event is revised and waiting for approval, the previously approved event details should still be display, and the event should show in the calendar.
    9) Tickets are needed for the event, but all tickets will be free. How can ticket pricing be disabled or hidden?
    10) On the event detail page, the ticketing section needs one button: “Attend” or some other wording. No other details are needed.
    11) A list of members signed up for the event needs to be displayed on the event detail page.
    12) I would like to be able to embed a map in the event details page from another site (www.ridewithgps.com)
    13) A member should be able to withdraw from an event that they have signed up for.
    14) The event owner(s) or a community manager should be able to cancel an event.
    15) If the event is cancelled, an email should be sent to all members that have signed up for that event.
    16) A reminder email should be sent to all members that are signed up for the event at least 12 hours before the event.

Thanks

marc

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Thanks for emailing support. I will answer your questions below. We also give a 30 day refund if you find this does not meet your needs.

1) Adding events:
    Yes

a. Only community members can add an event.
    Yes, if you have the community events addon

b. Anyone can add an event, even if they are not a member of the community.
    You can control if events are anaymously submitted or if they need to register, but you can’t do both.

2) An event needs to be owned by multiple community members. The list should of available members should be exposed in a drop down with type ahead.
    Members can only edit their own events.

3) The event owner(s) should be able to revise the event before or after approval.
    Yes, they can do both.

4) An email should be sent to a community manager when an event is submitted or approved.
    Yes

5) When a new event is approved an email should be sent to all members that have signed up for notifications for that specific event type.
    Yes, multiple people can be notified.

6) Community managers should only be able to approve specific event types.
    Only admin can approve events. You can set the events to go into draft mode on submission then the admin will need to approve.

7) Events should not be published, either new or revised, until they are approved by a community manager.
    yes

8) When an event is revised and waiting for approval, the previously approved event details should still be display, and the event should show in the calendar.
    Not out of the box but we do have a filter in our premium forum that handles this.

9) Tickets are needed for the event, but all tickets will be free. How can ticket pricing be disabled or hidden?
    You just set the price to free. or you can use css from our premium forum to hide it complete.

10) On the event detail page, the ticketing section needs one button: “Attend” or some other wording. No other details are needed.
    It normally says RSVP but with a filter you can change the wording.

11) A list of members signed up for the event needs to be displayed on the event detail page.
    You will need the community tickets addon for this.

12) I would like to be able to embed a map in the event details page from another site (www.ridewithgps.com)
    Editor is a text block so you can embed a map iframe as well.

13) A member should be able to withdraw from an event that they have signed up for.
    You can allow members to modify or cancel their RSVP.

14) The event owner(s) or a community manager should be able to cancel an event.
    Event organizers can cancel and can be setup in settings

15) If the event is cancelled, an email should be sent to all members that have signed up for that event.
    This would need custom development and we can refer you to someone.

16) A reminder email should be sent to all members that are signed up for the event at least 12 hours before the event.
    This would need custom development and we can refer you to someone.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Are these requirement supported?’ is closed to new replies.