Are there shortcodes in events calendar pro?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Are there shortcodes in events calendar pro?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    granatdesign
    Participant

I would like to use a full-width template for calendar view and a sidebar-template for single events view. Is this possible?

Is there a way to add a shortcode to a page to make it a standalone calendar page?

dwool
    Participant

I am also interested in inserting the calendar as a shortcode, to be used within a column short code. Is this possible?

snorton
    Participant

I’m not aware of any shortcodes, but if you’re comfortable with php there’s a plugin called Global Content Blocks (http://wordpress.org/plugins/global-content-blocks/) that will allow you to use some of the ECP template tags to create your own ‘shortcodes’. This will effectively let you plug them into any regular page. I used this method to pull upcoming events, or for the mini calendar in the pro version.

Leah

Hi guys,

snorton’s answer is probably the best- The Events Calendar does not have any shortcodes, but it sounds like that plugin is a good replacement that cooperates with our plugins. If you guys are really keen on shortcodes, please add your votes to the relevant post on our User Voice forum.

Thanks!
    Leah

akbradley57
    Participant

Can you provide an example of how you did this? I am trying to add this to my site without any luck. Thanks!

snorton
    Participant

In the following example, I’ve utilized the WordPress the_widget function to call the mini calendar from the pro version. I also am changing the title tag of this calendar to an h5 tag, so thus the before_title and after_title values. All you have to do is add this to the editor in a new Global Content Block. Don’t forget to change the TYPE to PHP as that may be the root of your problem since it’s not working for you. If you’re wanting something more specific I might be able to help you with that.
    the_widget(‘TribeEventsMiniCalendarWidget’,null,’before_title=<h5>&after_title=</h5>’);

akbradley57
    Participant

Thank you!! I will try that!

akbradley57
    Participant

I put your exact code into the Global Content Block and added it to my page and I cannot get this to work. I tried putting different IDs in there as well and nothing was showing up. I guess I need to explore a different solution. Thanks for your help.

snorton
    Participant

Can you go to edit the global content block and share a screenshot of how you have it configured?

Rob

Just wanted to make sure you saw snorton’s follow-up here, akbradley57. Let us know what else you need here.

akbradley57
    Participant

Thanks for your help! Sorry, I was away. I couldn’t get it to work the way I had wanted so I went down a different path.

Rob

Alright! Thanks for confirming as much. Sorry to hear you took a different direction, but if you ever need anything else from us down the road, just holler.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Are there shortcodes in events calendar pro?’ is closed to new replies.