Archive 'old events' in dashboard

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Archive 'old events' in dashboard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shannon Taheny
    Participant

Hi, We run both the Events Calendar Pro and the Tickets Plus plugins. We have a lot of events over the course of a year, and we like to keep them on the website even if they are not active, just to showcase our work.

This of course means that our calendar dashboard fills up rather quickly with old events.

Is there some way of keeping the old events published, but archived, so that when we are trying to manage our current events, the expired ones are not visible?

The number of events on the page can be a little overwhelming, and when we do a date sort to change the so that we see the next active event, we need to scroll through pages of expired events to find the next active one.

I am hoping that there is some way of archiving them either automatically or something so that they are not visible in the dashboard.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for reaching out!

I fully understand what you mean.

Unfortunately there is no option of archiving events, however I would recommend you to try our free Advanced Post Manager (APM) plugin which will give you different filtering options for your event list on the back-end. You could set up a filter to show only events after a certain date for example.

Let me know if that does the trick for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Shannon Taheny
    Participant

Thanks András, That does seem to have done the trick!

Admittedly it is a compromise, but one I’m quite happy with.

Currently we only have a couple of events, but being able to only see future events has made a difference already!!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Shannon,

With some custom coding it would be possible to hide the old events and show only the future one, but eventually it would only be the tuned down functionality of the APM plugin without any options.

But I’m happy to hear that APM helped you have a better experience!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Archive 'old events' in dashboard’ is closed to new replies.