API integration

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions API integration

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sam

Is there any functionality (free or PRO) to allow for API integration to pre-populate fields, or any wordpress hooks that i can use to automate as much of the process as possible?

We manage a holiday booking engine with data such as events, venues, ticket prices and other meta data already available, however a large chunk of the arbitrary and descriptive content will still need to be added via wordpress as we do not store that.

I’m basically looking to be able to call the api, loop through the results and automate the process as much as possible so that the admins can go and input the remaining data.

Is this at all possible?

Barry

Hi – great question!

Yes, I see no reason why not. You can certainly iterate across the event data and alter it, either with our own functions or the API that comes with WordPress (since our own structures build on top of those created and managed by WordPress itself, you can easily make use of it’s API functions in relation to custom post types, post meta data and taxonomies/terms).

I hope that answers your question – but please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any further queries or concerns 🙂

Sam

Good to hear!

Are there any docs available for this type of thing? I’m not a wordpress developer, so I’m not too clued up on how this would work.

Cheers!

Barry

Yes, indeed there are:

And of course you can navigate to WordPress’s own documentation if you visit wordpress.org.

Thanks!

Barry

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘API integration’ is closed to new replies.