API authentication is not persistent

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets API authentication is not persistent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Reece
    Participant

I keep having to re-authenticate my website with my EventBrite application.

When I authenticate with EventBrite, I am able to view the events on EventBrite and import at will. This authentication seems to only last a certain amount of time, as after some time, select2 fails to get the list of events and spits out a console error.

After re-authenticating (deleting old app and creating a new one) I am once again able to retrieve a list of events from EventBrite.

Does this issue seem familiar to anybody/is there a fix?

The plugins are up-to date and I have been able to reproduce the issue with all other plugins deactivated, as well as changing to a default WP theme.

Thanks.

Reece
    Participant

I have just been made aware that the timezone on our website (UTC) is different from that on the EventBrite events (Europe/London). Could this be the cause of the issue I’m having?

Cliff

Hi, Reece. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I don’t believe your server’s or WordPress setting’s timezone should affect the duration of the Eventbrite API connection.

You might want to contact Eventbrite’s technical support about this. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had to re-authenticate with Eventbrite so I know it’s not a short amount of time (I’d guess weeks if not months!).

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘API authentication is not persistent’ is closed to new replies.