Any way to set Calendar page as home page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Any way to set Calendar page as home page?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dorothy
    Participant

I am using this plugin to create an Events website – there is no other content. I’d like to set the calendar page as the home page but that’s impossible because it’s not a page. Is there any way around that?

The current home page is “latest posts” and yes, I know that displays the events – but it would be much better to use the calendar page where people can see there is a search function.

irishrunner16
    Participant

Same here; this would be great to know how to do.

acoustical
    Participant

I use a plugin called “page links to”. You can create a page, wich links to any “Script URL”. Perhaps itΒ΄s not elegant – but it works πŸ™‚

irishrunner16
    Participant

Ahh, didn’t think of doing that! Sounds like using that plugin would definitely be a workaround if there’s not a more direct option available. Thanks acoustical!

Casey
    Participant

marisawriter,
    Thanks for reaching out! acoustical was definitely on the right track. Take a look at this FAQ, which should answer your question, and let me know if you need further help.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Dorothy
    Participant

I thought of that. My difficulty is, how do you enter the URL of the home page? All the Redirect plugins want you to enter just the page name (so for instance if I wanted to redirect events.bellydanceoz.com/calendar, I’d just enter “/calendar”. So what do I enter for the home page? If I just leave it blank, surely it will redirect the whole site?

Casey
    Participant

You should be able to just use a forward slash like this ‘/’ to redirect traffic for the homepage, but you should probably reach out to the plugin developer to confirm. I hope that helps! Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Dorothy
    Participant

I’ve been able to make it work using a plugin which allows you to set the redirect on the page itself. However I still feel slightly worried about it. I use a service called ManageWP.com, and now I can’t manage that particular site because ManageWP returns an error, saying the domain is 301 redirected. So I’m slightly concerned that the 301 message on the very front page of the domain might not be a good thing for SEO.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Any way to set Calendar page as home page?’ is closed to new replies.