Any chg in Event ticket details , woo prod inv defaults to Event orig stock qty

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Any chg in Event ticket details , woo prod inv defaults to Event orig stock qty

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hi, I have already submitted a complaint that woo product (ticket) inventory does not change with event ticket sales. Your response is that it is a woo and paypal issue. So, I am manually updating product inventory with every order to reflect on front end “tickets remaining” for customers. My client has asked for me to change stock qty in events for more seating, plus extend the sales cutoff time. Each time I have made ANY change whatsoever in Event Ticket the woocommerce inventory qty defaults back to the original stock quantity. So the customers then sees that there are a lot more tickets left than just a few. This means I have to double back and update inventory each time there is a change to the ticket parameters. – This issue has to be between Events Tickets Plus and Woo. So would you please look into it?

Hi Anne,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with WooCommerce and Event Tickets Plus.

What is your method for manually updating product inventory?

If you aren’t already doing this, one thing you can do is to alter the total_sales custom field on the WooCommerce Product page that is associated with the ticket that you are trying to edit.  You can change that number to reflect the actual number of attendees that you have, which will then change what you see in your Attendees tab.

You can also alter the ticket stock on the Edit Event page, where you edit your ticket.

What are your WooCommerce Ticket Settings?  I can try to replicate this issue if I have a bit more information.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/woocommerce-specific-ticket-settings/

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Anne
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

My process:

Tickets settings = emailed at Completed order. See first screenshot.

For each ticket sold:
    Woo orders – I confirm the payment has gone through PayPal, then manually select Completed at which time the tickets email are issued.
    I then go to the Event edit, scroll down to the tickets area, and confirm the tickets have been counted, since the qtys will no longer be correct. (RED !) (2nd screenshot)
    Then I go to the Woo Product page, select that ticket, open up inventory tab, and change the stock qty number to reflect the tickets sold.
    Now when I go back to the front end to see “tickets remaining”, the customers will see the correct inventory capacity amount.

Problem #1: my client decided to extend the purchasing time to allow for late buyers.
    I go to Edit Event, the specific ticket, then change the end of purchase period to the desired new time.
    I do not change the stock capacity.
    I review the front end and the “tickets remaining” has reverted back to the Event Tickets stock capacity qty for the ticket and not the correct woo Product inventory qty.
    Then I go to the Woo Product page, select that ticket, open up inventory tab, and change the stock inventory number to reflect the tickets sold.
    Now when I go back to the front end to see “tickets remaining”, the customers will see the correct inventory amount.

Problem#2: My client decided to reduce the amount of one type of ticket and give that qty to another ticket.
    I go to Edit Event, select each type of ticket, then change the stock qty to the new total capacities. (Reduce one, add to another)
    I review the front end and the “tickets remaining” now shows the total stock capacity qtys that I just entered and not the correct Product inventory qty of tickets already sold for those particular tickets.
    Then I go to the Woo Product page, select tickets, open up inventory tab, and change the stock inventory number to reflect the correct tickets sold.
    Now when I go back to the front end to see “tickets remaining”, the customers will see the correct inventory amount.

This is time consuming, confusing to the buyers, and annoying to my client, who is of the opinion that I am not doing my job properly.

Please duplicate this and let me know what the fix may be. Thanks, Anne

My screenshots were denied permission to upload………….

Anne
    Participant

The screenshots uploaded, but are not in correct order.

Anne
    Participant

I forgot to add: for both problems 1 & 2, when I go to Woo Product to check on inventory, that number has reset to whatever the Event ticket qty is set at, so either the original capacity amount or the new capacity amount. Then I change it to reflect tickets sold for the front end tickets remaining #. So the Woo Product inventory is erroneously resetting whenever any changes are made to the edit event ticket paramaters.

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for this detailed account of the issue that you are experiencing.  My hunch is that this is related to an issue between WooCommerce and PayPal, as there have been some stock issues using the combination of the two.

In order to test out if this is the issue, I’d recommend creating a WooCommerce product and completing payment through PayPal and seeing if the stock reduces.  This can show you that the issue is not with Event Tickets, but rather with WooCommerce and PayPal.  Of course you can also test the same thing using a different payment gateway, such as Stripe, and see if the issue continues.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Anne
    Participant

I am using woo products with paypal standard. It has already been determined that there is a problem with the product stock decrementing properly via PayPal. That was an earlier support ticket. That is not the issue here.

The pay portal does not come into play with the issues. Nothing is sold during the time I make the changes and discover the problems.

Please reread my steps for each problem. I request that this issue be elevated. Thanks.

Hi Anne,

I apologize if I initially misunderstood your issue.  I have done some testing on my own site and I am seeing the issues that you see.  I believe that this is related to a known bug that is currently in the process of being fixed.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Anne!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 3 December 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-3-december-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Anne
    Participant

Thank you.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Any chg in Event ticket details , woo prod inv defaults to Event orig stock qty’ is closed to new replies.