Another Thesis – No Sidebars issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Another Thesis – No Sidebars issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Demitri
    Participant

Ok – so I can’t get the no_sidebars view to “stick” for grid view. It will render correctly when there are events. When there are none, it adds sidebars that we don’t want. When I switch to a month with events and refresh – it works. Please help!

full url is: http://access.malishandpagonis.com/guest/precise

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Demitri,

Have you seen this code: https://gist.github.com/2305130 – you would add that to your Thesis custom_functions.php file and modify as necessary.

Does that help?

– Jonah

Demitri
    Participant

Hi Jonah –

Yep I saw that – but wasn’t sure that was what I needed. My question is, shouldn’t “no sidebars” just work out of the box? Or is this necessary in all cases with Thesis?

I did try adding this code to my custom functions.php file and got the white screen of death. I’ll try to tinker with it more if this is indeed the solution to make the no_sidebars template work.

Thanks,

Demitri

Jonah
    Participant

The no sidebars template probably doesn’t work with our plugin because our plugin uses a virtual page and is a custom post type. The no sidebars template or function probably needs ot be updated to work correctly with our plugin. That’s where this custom function comes into play because it basically hooks into the same function and let’s you control specifically where no sidebars is applied. So, that’s what you’ll have to use. It may be that you pasted it into the wrong place in custom_functions.php – make sure PHP is open or closed properly, i.e. if you paste this code after PHP has been closed, you’re going to get errors because you would need to re-open PHP to get the code to execute.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Another Thesis – No Sidebars issue’ is closed to new replies.