Another GDPR question

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Another GDPR question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephan
    Participant

Hi again,

the GDPR, taking effect end of may, regulates also the recording of ip-adresses.

When a user submits an event with the community-events-form, will also his ip-adress be transferred and recorded in my system?

If yes, how can i: (according to the gdpr-rules)

stop this?
    delete the recorded ip-adresses?
    transfer them?

My goal is to use “community events” without recording any ip-adresses if possible.

and by the way: does the main-plugin “the events calendar” collects any personal data such as ip-adresses?

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Stephan

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope you’re doing well.

IP addresses are not recorded by Community Events. A lot of hosts maintain access logs and those will typically contain IP addresses, so it would be possible to marry the two up but that’s not under our control. So, perhaps, that would be a good question to ask your host.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Juan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Another GDPR question’ is closed to new replies.