Anonymous Users Must Log-In?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Anonymous Users Must Log-In?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Beth
    Participant

I’ve double and triple checked that I have the “allow anonymous users to submit events” box checked, but I still get a log in page on the Submit an Event page. Is there a way to allow people to submit an event without an account?

http://deals.ingoodcents.com/events/community/add

Also, it would be great to be able to customize this page and add some notes or instructions.

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Beth, that’s strange, you should not be seeing the log in page if you’ve got the anonymous box checked. What version of WordPress and Events Calendar/Pro plugins do you have installed?

You can customize any of the templates for the Community plugin by making copies of any of the template files in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views and placing in an ‘/events/community’ folder within your theme and making any changes you want.

Beth
    Participant

I’m using WordPress 3.3.1 and the latest version of The Events Calendar 2.0.6 and PRO 2.0.6. I do realize there is an upgrade to WordPress, but I haven’t received the go-ahead from my tech guru who will let me know when it’s save to upgrade without breaking anything.

Jonah
    Participant

Hmmmm, do you have any caching in place or anything like that? Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Would you mind providing me WP admin access so I can take a look? Email to jonah [at] tri [dot] be

Beth
    Participant

Jonah, I do have caching, but did delete the cache on my browser and on Super Cache. I just added you as an administrator, so you should get a password and username by email shortly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Beth, I just logged in and flushed your permalinks by vising Settings > Permalinks and now it seems to be working. I can get to the community submission page when logged out. Can you please verify this is the same for you?

Beth
    Participant

Yes, I can. Thank you! I can’t believe I forgot to do that, since resaving my permalinks have actually fixed issues for me in the past.

Jonah
    Participant

Yeah I’m sometimes surprised how often that can fix things. Glad that worked out, let us know if there’s anything else you need help with.

Joey Kudish

Glad that fixed the issue for you Beth. Just want to chime in here, that we’ve filed this is a bug that we’ll fix in an upcoming release of Community Events.

Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

How do you “flush the Permalinks?” I know how to set them, but what do you mean by “flushing” them?

Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

I should add that I am having the same problem in my Community. I have reset my permalinks several times and it does nothing to fix the problem I am having.
    I have version 3.3.2 of wordpress
    I have version 2.0.6 of The Events Calendar
    I have version 1.0 of the Community Events
    I am using Woo Themes
    I have “anonymous” tagged in my Community Events settings
    I have Permalinks tagged to “post name” option (and have reset them several times)
    My page for the Community Events is (pretty much the same as the tribe tutorial video):
    http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxxxx/events/calendar/list/
    Yet, when I go to the list page I get:
    Username BOX
    Password BOX
    CHEKCBOX Remember Me
    LOGIN BUTTON
    Please log in to view your events

Rob

Hey Calvin. Thanks for the note here, and my apologies for taking a few days to get you a response. I’m not sure how this thread slipped through the cracks but I apologized.

Have you updated to Community 1.0.1 and 2.0.7 of The Events Calendar? We set permalinks to automatically flush as a way to resolve this exact issue. Update, give it a go and let us know if your problem persists. In my testing it worked as it should.

Thanks in advance!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Anonymous Users Must Log-In?’ is closed to new replies.