Anonymous users must log in…permalinks does not cure it

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Anonymous users must log in…permalinks does not cure it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

I am having the same problem as Beth had in my Community Events, except clearing and reasserting the permalinks has not corrected the problem.
    I have version 3.3.2 of wordpress
    I have version 2.0.6 of The Events Calendar
    I have version 1.0 of the Community Events
    I am using Woo Themes
    I have “anonymous” tagged in my Community Events settings
    I have Permalinks tagged to “post name” option (and have reset them several times)
    My page for the Community Events is (pretty much the same as the tribe tutorial video):
    http://www.monitorsaintpaul.com/MonitorNewSite/events/calendar/list/
    (this is a site just being constructed and is not “live”)
    Yet, when I go to the list page I get:
    Username BOX
    Password BOX
    CHEKCBOX Remember Me
    LOGIN BUTTON
    Please log in to view your events

I should note that my add page works fine:
    http://www.monitorsaintpaul.com/MonitorNewSite/events/calendar/add/

Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

I want to add that we have upgraded to the new version of The Events Calendar and the new version of Community Events that came out in the last 24 hours and it has not seemed to fix the problem.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Calvin,

Some other things to try:

1. Are you running the latest version of WordPress.
    2. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?
    3. Have you tried reverting to the Twenty Eleven theme to see if it’s something with your theme?

Try that and let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    – Jonah

Calvin deRuyter
    Participant

Thanks, Jonah. Yes,
    –we are using WordPress 3.3.2
    –we only had 4 activated plugins when we started so it was easy to disconnect all… it did not correct the problem.
    –and yes, we did try 20-11 theme, both with the other plugins activated and with the other plugins deactivated.
    We are perplexed. We even thought it might be something weird because it is is a “hidden folder” on the server because it is in construction mode–so we even shut down our existing site for a time and put up the test site to see if that was somehow the problem. No such luck!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Calvin,

Ok, I’m going to need WP admin and FTP access then to take a closer look. Please email to [email protected] and reference this thread. And, do I have your permission to deactivate plugins and change things around as long as I put everything back?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Mike
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem. Logged in users have no problem, but anonymous events do not carry through venue and organizer information AND they create a second event with 01-01-1970 as the date.
    When I was using the Gravity Forms work around, I had the same problem.
    I am using a custom theme that I designed from the ground up, and it is already operating for a client, so it is not as if I can just turn off the theme or change the permalink structure.
    http://lakeviewing.com
    Any help available? Unless I can get the anonymous submissions problems fixed, Community Events is pretty much useless for me.

Rob

Hey Mike: I’d like to take a look at this for you (Jonah’s out for the next month), but am unable to recreate this at all on my install. Can I submit a test event on the site there to try and experience this directly or will it bother your client?

Mike
    Participant

No problem. In fact, I’ll email you a login so you can check it yourself.
    Thanks!

Rob

Received. Thanks, Mike. Checking it out this afternoon and will follow-up from there in the thread.

Rob

Hey Mike, just wanted to follow-up now that I’ve done some testing on your site. To confirm I went through these steps:

1. In one browser, where I was entirely logged out, I submitted an event called “Rob’s Test Submission” (which I’ve left in Pending Review for you so you can see this).
    2. In another browser, after submitting my anonymous submission, I logged in and checked out the Pending event my anonymous account had just created. The date/venue/organizer data all stayed in place: http://d.pr/i/l6lf. In addition, it doesn’t look like a duplicate was created – I’m only seeing that one event with “Rob” in the name when I search all events on the site.

Am I doing something different than you are? If so, can you let me know where I messed up? Also…remember that in situations where the event itself is Pending or Draft, the submitted Venue/Organizer details will remain Pending or Draft as well (until the event with which they were created is published). Could that be related here?

andrew

Same issue as mike, but mine loses the event time not the organizer.
    It makes duplicates with the weird 1970 date as well, they disappear when published tho.
    Screenshot here: http://i.imgur.com/oT4hK.png

Would you guys like an admin account to test it?

Rob

Hey Andrew. Thanks for the heads up; does look like the same (or a distinctly similar) issue, definitely. Can you send a set of admin credentials over to pro /a/ tri.be and I can try to recreate it like I did for Mike?

Thanks for the heads up and your patience so far. We’ll do what we can to get this worked out for you.

andrew

Sent one over.

Rob

Hey Andrew: what is your site? I didn’t see any credentials come to the PRO account…let me know.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Anonymous users must log in…permalinks does not cure it’ is closed to new replies.