Anonymizing or otherwise hiding email from non-logged in users

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Anonymizing or otherwise hiding email from non-logged in users

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    D Thompson

We’re implementing a calendar that has both private and public components. Specifically, we’ll need to have the email address of the event organizer anonymized, usable yet having automatically generated address that redirects to their own address. Looking at email piping as the solution right now. Do you have a recommended solution for this issue that will play nice with your product?

D Thompson

Product being The Events Calendar/The Events Calendar PRO.

Barry

Hi: thanks for your interest.

The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO is nothing if not customizable and adopts the WordPress methodology of making as much as reasonably possible filterable. With that in mind, you could certainly set up a filter to obfuscate email addresses (or to conditionally remove them, according to the status of the current visitor).

It would require a little WP-development know how to implement something like this, but beyond that we can probably point you in the right direction in terms of highlighting the best hook to use, etc.

I hope that answers your question – and let me know if there’s anything else!

Barry

Looks like you marked this as answered so I’ll go ahead and close it (and I hope to see you on our forums 🙂 ).

If we can help with anything else before you buy, please don’t hesitate to create a new thread.

Barry

Please note this thread will no longer be monitored: if we can help with any other questions, please create a new thread!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Anonymizing or otherwise hiding email from non-logged in users’ is closed to new replies.