An Option for Deleting People from the Attendees List (PLEASE)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus An Option for Deleting People from the Attendees List (PLEASE)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hyest
    Participant

Hey guys, the most crucial thing for me, after creating a TON of test tickets (everything so far has worked out as I hoped for), is being able to delete all these test people from the Attendees List. If you delete the order from woocommerce they still show under “Attendees”. The Attendees list has absolutely no way of deleting people out of it. Honestly guys I appreciate everything you have put in to this plugin, and the bug fixes with the latest WooTickets released on March 5th, but wouldn’t you consider the option to delete people from the attendees list as a base/standard feature?

The “Organizers” of this event will rely on that portion to check people in and out. Given they can still do their job, its going to be horribly confusing when I have done over 50 tests, and have over 50 entries in there that were just for testing purposes (especially when this is a small event only housing up to 40 people).

I love what you guys came up with, and I’m a developer/designer that came from an early programming background too (which I just do mostly custom modifications these days now). So i just want to firstly say I appreciate the plugin, but there has to be a way to delete all these test purchasers from the Attendees List.

Even for right now if you could even point me to where exactly in the database this attendee list is kept, I could do it manually from the database as a quick fix (would be great if there was an easier way like a filter, some code I could add in to your plugin or something to do it), but this is absolutely crucial for me.

PS. I’m the same guy that posted on your facebook/twitter looking for a coupon code so I could test out this program and not pay $50 to try it, given I wasn’t sure how it would all work out for me, but this is event is happening on Tuesday, so I just didn’t have anymore time. If you still have one, wouldn’t mind using one to try out the “Pro” version of events manager.

BTW using, the latest version of wordpress, events manager (was thinking of getting pro) and wootickets.

Christopher Padilla

Barry

Hi Christopher – let me address your main points in turn.

Honestly guys I appreciate everything you have put in to this plugin, and the bug fixes with the latest WooTickets released on March 5th, but wouldn’t you consider the option to delete people from the attendees list as a base/standard feature?

So what we’re planning (for a future version) is to remove attendees associated with a specific order when that order is deleted; as I understand it we won’t be allowing the direct deletion of attendees from the attendee list, though.

As you are aware this didn’t make the cut for our 1.0.1 release however that was primarily aimed at fixing bugs and ensuring compatibility with the latest version of WooCommerce; we should see a more feature-driven release next.

To the problem at hand:

The “Organizers” of this event will rely on that portion to check people in and out. Given they can still do their job, its going to be horribly confusing when I have done over 50 tests, and have over 50 entries in there that were just for testing purposes

OK, so if you are at all unsure about working within the database then you may prefer to simply duplicate the event (especially since it is just one event, if I’m understanding you correctly) and leave behind the test orders.

However, if you prefer to remove attendees directly and feel confident in terms of working with the database then you will wish to seek out entries in the posts table with a post type of tribe_wootickets … corresponding entries will exist within the posts meta table and you will probably wish to clear those out, too.

For the benefit of any other users reading this, if you need to test things out it’s generally better to set up a separate testing environment – but if that isn’t possible or practical then setting up a test event (rather than working with the ‘actual’ event post) would allow you to cleanly delete that event plus any associated attendee data before going live.

If you still have one, wouldn’t mind using one to try out the “Pro” version of events manager.

Feel free to email Leah ([email protected], please include a link to this thread) and she may be able to help here – I don’t think we can give you another plugin for free here but we can probably provide a small discount 🙂

hyest
    Participant

Hey Barry! Thanks for responding. I’m going to put quotes around a few of your responses and have a few of my own. By the way thanks for responding at all, my monday’s are always horridly busy, and I get way too many e-mails, calls, texts etc.

“as I understand it we won’t be allowing the direct deletion of attendees from the attendee list, though.”
    —- Well I can’t say anything about that, any program I’ve ever written always has the option to “delete” anything you do. Maybe i’m misunderstanding something but I still dont get why the attendees interface just has “checkin / checkout”. What is supposed to happen when people call and cancel their order, shouldn’t we be able to delete them or “Cancel” them so they don’t appear on the attendees list? Seems again like just a foundational feature to me. (also just want to again repeat that besides there being no option of deleting attendees which makes no sense to me… i think you guys have done an absolute AMAZING job integrating it with woocommerce, and love how everything else works. —–

“feel confident in terms of working with the database then you will wish to seek out entries in the posts table with a post type of tribe_wootickets … corresponding entries will exist within the posts meta table and you will probably wish to clear those out, too.”
    —-Ok, I’ll look in the database for “tribe_wootickets” and see if I can figure out from there where the attendees list is and see if i can figure out how to delete the entries without messing everything up (will make a backup of the DB first for sure). But I guess I was looking for specific database entries that just held the attendees and nothing else. Maybe they are linked up throughout the database, and deleting one entry area may have a domino effect of unfortunate circumstances? —–

” I don’t think we can give you another plugin for free here but we can probably provide a small discount ”

—-I’m not sure I understand the “another plugin for free” portion. I paid $50 for wootickets, it wasnt free… unless you guys were planning on refunding me or something?—-

Barry

Yep so we definitely agree that if an order is cancelled the attendees/tickets should also be removed.

What I meant in my response was that nothing in this regard will be added to the attendee list. Instead, if the administrator/merchant decides to cancel an order via the WooCommerce admin screens the corresponding tickets will then be dropped.

Regarding the database, entries in the post table with a post-type of tribe_wootickets effectively are the attendees (the ticket number you see when you view the attendee list is actually the post ID for these entries).

The glue between these tribe_wootickets posts and the orders is found in the post meta table. So if you delete a ticket post with an ID of 1500 you would ideally also delete the corresponding post meta table entries where the post ID is 1500 – at that point the ticket/attendee will have been removed.

As you say, do back up before attempting this 🙂

Last but by no means least, there might have been a misunderstanding when I asked about providing you with a coupon – apologies! – but in any case if you email Leah she’ll be happy to take things from here and provide a discount if appropriate to do so.

hyest
    Participant

Thanks Barry! That all makes sense to me, really look forward (I’ll be upgrading my license to a business/developer one for more events soon) to being able to ‘cancel’ within the woocommerce ordering system (i’m extremely familiar with WOO, used it on a ton of projects) or however you guys propose to do it, and effectively remove attendees from the list. I won’t even attempt to duplicate this event, it was atrociously complex in setting up. There’s literally like 40 tickets per day that are available because this whole thing is based on 20 minute time slots for a “healing session”, then has “group slots” and a bunch of other stuff. It was hell just getting through this project,.. from start to finish in 3.5 days (yes I charged much extra for the expedited process. Included full design, layout, content, customization, ticketing system etc. Hell of a challenge that most wouldnt dare undertake with 3.5 days).

Anyways, thanks a ton for your response, I’m sure you guys are busy with other requests, so Im good to go for now. Appreciate your programming efforts, minus a few minor gripes, your wootickets extension is literally almost perfection (obviously there’s always some features everyone could hope for), but for what it was, you guys are impressive at what you do. Have a great week!

Barry

Thanks very much for the feedback – it is indeed early days for this plugin but we’re definitely keen to expand and tweak it’s feature set based on what we read in threads like this one.

Since it sounds like you are all sorted for the time being I’ll close this thread – of course if you need support for anything else please go right ahead and create a new thread 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘An Option for Deleting People from the Attendees List (PLEASE)’ is closed to new replies.