Altering a date in a reccurence issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Altering a date in a reccurence issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

Hi, I set up an event repeating every month on the 4th Monday of the month, & publish. I go in to change the event, say in May when its the 3rd Monday. It makes the new event fine, but leaves the original still there, so I go in to delete this and ALL of the events related to this get deleted. [I do only do alterations to that event only, but this keeps happening] Please help, thanks

Rob

Hi Derek. Thanks for the note, and sorry to hear you’re having issues. I’m actually unable to recreate the first part of your issue (making a new event while unaltering the second, thus leaving you with two of the same event). Can you elaborate on the exact criteria used to recreate that?

On the deleting issue: that’s a known bug in the 2.0.2 code base, but it will be fixed in 2.0.3 (which should be out early next week).

Derek
    Participant

Hi Rob. Thanks for getting back to me, OK, a little more in depth I hope. OK, I create and event for the year, 4th Monday of every month using custom settings (These are great btw good job). Then because of things like Xmas, TGiving some need changing, so I go to Events, All, search for events, get the 12 listed, I go to edit on the month I need changing, click edit, go in, change date, and it says on saving, this event or all, bassically (you know). I say just this one. Now in events I have 13, in search, so I do the same and go into the page that is no longer wanted, and trash it, but it trashes all except the altered one. Whenever asked I only say that date, never the whole. Using WordPress. Even is I just create a years worth then go in to delete 1 with no change, it delets ALL even when I click just one event deletion required. Help please thanks

Derek
    Participant

Rob. An update. I have just tried to make a years worth of monthly events which worked fine, but this time I just went into one of them and added the word CANCELED, updated just that event. NOTHING changed, there was no text change to that event at all. Even checked in another browser, so on trying again, just to delete the single event it deletes them all again!

Rob

Hey Derek. Thanks for the follow-up here. While I’m still unable to recreate this exactly, it does sound similar to a couple issues we had present in Events 2.0.2 that were recently resolved and released with 2.0.3. That came out today, both the PRO & free versions. Would you be willing to give the update a shot, resave your permalinks, then try to see if this persists on any new events? I believe it should be all set.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Altering a date in a reccurence issue’ is closed to new replies.