Allowing multiple photos in Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Allowing multiple photos in Community Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rewa
    Participant

As an admin, I can go in and when I create an event, it allows me to add media in the text portion of the event. So, I can upload multiple photos before or after the text of my event. However, the Community Event panel does not offer this option. When they go to submit their event, they are only able to upload the text and the featured photo. It does not give them the option of “add media”. How do I change the Community Event settings to allow them to add additional media to their event listing?

Geoff

Hi Rewa,

Happy Monday and welcome to the forums!

That’s a great question. Community Events actually leaves the “Add Media” feature out intentionally because having it there would cause a WordPress security issue. The form allows specific image types to be uploaded for the Feature Events, but “Add Media” is different in that any file type could be uploaded to your server, including harmful ones. That’s the reason it was left out and why there is no setting to bring it back.

Sorry I don’t have an answer for re-displaying the button, but does this at least help answer your question? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Allowing multiple photos in Community Events’ is closed to new replies.