All Recurrent Events Off an Hour After DST

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All Recurrent Events Off an Hour After DST

• This topic has 0 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Shay.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Shay
    Participant

Recurring events are all displaying as one hour behind after March 11 (DST). This happened after the last update that corrected events not showing at all in month view. DST is in a few days!!! Are you just not going to fix this?

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-times-off-by-one-hour-after-dst/

Hi Shay,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Sorry you’re experiencing this known bug.

Its fix is scheduled to be released soon. Please note, however, that once the fix is released, you’ll need to re-save events to re-generate the recurrences.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands at this time.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thanks,

Jaime

Shay
    Participant

Can you please explain what you mean by “re-save” exactly?

Shay
    Participant

I saw another user received that exact reply for this same issue on Feb 13 – almost a month ago! If there is no chance of this getting resolved I would like a refund and use a calendar that works. Please advise.

Hi Shay,

By “re-save”, we mean that you will have to go into your affected events and click Update after updating your plugin, once the fix has been released.

I cannot guarantee when this issue will be resolved, but we are actively working on it, and are aware about the upcoming time change and how that may affect our users’ sites.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Shay
    Participant

How are instructions like that available if there is no fix for it? And I would have to go through every recurring event on all of my client’s websites using this plugin?!? You cannot be serious.

I don’t understand how a DST issue like this can be pending for almost a month with no resolution is sight – and it doesn’t even appear on the list of known issues.

Please advise how I can request a refund. I will never use this plugin in the future.

Shay
    Participant

The maintenance release today DID NOT fix this issue.

Hi Shay,

You are correct, the maintenance release yesterday did not include a fix for this issue.  Can you try  using a “named timezone” instead of a GMT offset, such as “America/New_York”?

Also, I’d recommend using the “Use local timezones for events” timezone mode in Events > Settings as opposed to “use sitewide timezones everywhere”.

If you are still interested in a refund, you can fill out the form here.

Please let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Shay
    Participant

I have tried everything, which is why I requested “support” from you. DST has been an issue every single year with this plugin. Using UTC was the solution I received the last time it happened while waiting for a fix that never came. It is really unbelievable at this point. How can a calendar plugin not get DST correct? It happens every year in the US!

George
    Participant

Hey Shay,

I see that in Events > Settings in your wp-admin, you’ve got your “Timzone Mode” option to “Use sitewide timezone everywhere”. If you change this to “Use local timezones for each event”, and save your changes, does anything improve?

If not at first, how about if you then visit the event showing the wrong timezone abbreviation and just click “Save” on the event without actually changing anything on it? This simple step might seem useless, but might help to trigger a refreshing of some of the data involved in this.

I’m really sorry for the frustrations here, and we absolutely do care about you and your site! I can confirm with you that DST is something our plugins fully support, and so if it’s not working here, there’s a specific edge-case issue going on that we need to work through but can resolve.

Our support replies are normally on the pace of one reply every 24 to 48 hours, but as you can see here, we are happy to work on a bit of a faster pace to try and make sure your events are ready for success before DST kicks in!

Thank you for your patience—please let me know if the steps I recommended make any noticeable improvement.

Sincerely,
    George

Shay
    Participant

I have tried both of those solutions and neither one works. I have now had to go in and manually edit the times for every single recurring event after March 11. I am not doing that again and this should not be an ongoing issue with a simple calendar. Waiting up to two days for a single support reply is exactly why I will never use this plugin on a site again.

George
    Participant

Hey Shay,

Can you please post a link to the events that are showing the wrong time information?

And I totally agree that waiting up to two days is unacceptable here—to clarify, I meant that our “regular” is indeed that one-to-two-day pace. But here, we are happy to expedite things a bit and try to continue providing assistance here more quickly.

Thanks for your continued patience with this—and if you would like to post your event links privately for any reason, please feel free to do so by clicking the “Mark as private” checkbox on your reply (if you respond via email, it will default to being public, but I can set to “Private” if you tell me in the email!)

Sincerely,
    George

Shay
    Participant
    Barry

Shay,

I see you are using Series Engine.

In a near identical exchange with another user we identified the fact that – if that plugin is deactivated – creating a series of recurring events works as expected, without the quirk you illustrated via the above link you just shared.

If possible (perhaps on a staging site), can you confirm if that might be the case for you? That is: deactivate Series Engine only, create a similar test event, and see if the times are correct?

Thanks 🙂

Shay
    Participant

No change. I had rebuilt the entire site from scratch earlier this year and everything worked fine, but had to use UTC. That no longer works either – and is also not ideal anyhow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘All Recurrent Events Off an Hour After DST’ is closed to new replies.