All Day keeps getting reset

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All Day keeps getting reset

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

We have several events that were migrated from version 1.6.5 when I installed version 2. For some reason, the start and end times for all the events (past and future) had the All Day box checked. For one coming up next week, it should be 6:00 p.m to 8:30 p.m. It was changed to 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (GMT -0400).

The poster keeps changing them back to not be All Day and show the correct time and has done this 3 or 4 times but it keeps reverting to All Day. She thinks it is because each time either the settings page for the plugin or the Events edit page is accessed, it resets all the times to All Day. This needs to be fixed so people know what time to show up.

Rob

Hi Cynthia. Thanks for the heads up on this. I was able to recreate the issue of the fixed-time range events becoming all day; looks like there’s a bug there, so thanks for catching it. We’ll make sure that’s patched for 2.0.1.

The one aspect I wasn’t able to recreate was getting it to revert back to “All Day” after manually fixing; after fixing it once it seems those changes stayed true across the board, even after visiting the settings page/plugins page/edit event page. Any chance you or your poster can provide me the steps they went through specifically to accomplish this, so I can test whether it too is a part of the same bug?

reply from Cynthia (came via email)

Hi. I’ll have our events poster send me the steps she went through. I had another thought about what might be causing it. I created an events directory in my theme and copied some templates over to it. I have been in the process of trying to edit the css and templates to see if I can get the styling problems fixed. (Haven’t succeeded yet.) Would that activity, even though it is in my theme folder, have any affect on the plugin? Would it affect how it is configured and then reset everything?

Or perhaps the dates all changed when the plugin was activated and reactivated during our tests.

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Additional information. I’ve asked the event poster to send me the steps she took. Meanwhile, I just realized that some activity I did yesterday may have affected the time change. I had to edit the permalink in an event post and perhaps just updating the post (for whatever reason) resets the specified times to All Day?

Here is what I did:
    I got a report about a broken link on the blog that was giving a 404 Not Found. It contained escaped characters in it that weren’t recognized.
    [code]http://www.stcwdc.org/wdcblog/event/winning-proposals-for-documentation%25e2%2580%2594beyond-the-words/[/code]

I checked the post and saw that the title had an em dash in it. When the title was converted into a permalink, WordPress left the em dash and put hyphens in all the spaces. But when it got published, WordPress (or something) converted the em dash into the escaped character code. %25e2%2580%2594

To fix this, I edited the permalink and changed the em dash to a hyphen. Saved the changed permalink and clicked Update to get WordPress to change the link. (I’d done it once without clicking Update and it still had the code in it so just saving the edit to a permalink isn’t enough.)

The working link is now [code]http://www.stcwdc.org/wdcblog/event/winning-proposals-for-documentation-beyond-the-words/[/code]

Rob

That’s very weird – not sure why that would happen, but it’s definitely possible. Going to check with the dev on this and if he thinks it’s a bug we’ll get logged/fixed for the next release. Thanks for the heads up!

Rob

I talked with our dev aout this and we’re at a loss as to what could be happening. Visiting the settings page shouldn’t change that in any way. Do you think the user who did this could do a screencast using something like Jing (http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html)? Would definitely help us recreate the issue on our end since right now we haven’t been able to. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more at this point.

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

I’ve sent your message on to my events poster. I don’t know how often it happens. I told her a new release will be coming out soon and to keep an eye on the start/end times to see if they get changed to All Day after I upload the update. We’ll let you know.

Rob

Any chance the new release fixed this one, too?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘All Day keeps getting reset’ is closed to new replies.