All day event is showing cut off time in list view (12:00am)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO All day event is showing cut off time in list view (12:00am)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

All day event is showing cut off time in list view (12:00am)
    http://www.funinjerusalem.com/event/rosh-hashana/all/

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello funinjerusalem,

I took a look at your site and see the 12:00am showing on the All Day Events.

Can you please tell me what you have for the inputs for the date formatting in the settings page.

Go to Events->Settings->Display Tab

Then scroll to the ‘Date Format Settings’

Please let me know what you have for the following inputs:

Date with year
    Date without year
    Month and year format

Please note if you have time related formats such as ‘g:i’ it will show 12:00am on the All Day View or at least that is how I was able to reproduce what you are getting.

Let me know what you find out from there and we can take the next step to resolve this.

Thanks

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

I am not seeing that date option http://screencast.com/t/QclHUfGZIRUF, probably because we’re using the plugin at version 3.5.2 because when we tried upgrading it caused lots of issues so we’re staying with a stable version. Any other ideas?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

The date and time format have been changed in the later versions, which looks liked to have fixed the issue and unfortunately, there is not much support I can give for it on an older version. So I would encourage you to upgrade to 3.7.

We have found it to be a very stable release with only minor issues.

If you have an issue with 3.7 when upgrading we can certainly help you resolve that.

If you would like to stay with the version you are using you could try moving the list view template to your theme and modifying the function so that it does not show the time.

Thanks

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Would I create a function in template-tags/loop.php? If not, please can you supply a bit more direction? Thanks!
    Something like this?
    function tribe_is_list_view_and_all_day() {
    if ( tribe_is_event_query() && tribe_get_all_day ) {
    $return = true;
    <CODE TO REMOVE DATE FROM APPEARING>

} else {
    $return = false;
    }

return apply_filters( ‘tribe_is_list_view_and_all_day’, $return );
    }

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is close you would want to look at this file:

views\list\single-event.php

Then this section is what creates the time:

<!-- Schedule & Recurrence Details -->
    <div class="updated published time-details">
    <?php echo tribe_events_event_schedule_details() ?>
    </div>

The function: tribe_events_event_schedule_details

Is found in this file:

public\template-tags\general.php

That function has been modified since 3.5 so we can only provide limited support on it, but that is where you will find the coding that is showing the 12:00am for an all day event.

Does that help?

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘All day event is showing cut off time in list view (12:00am)’ is closed to new replies.