Ajax not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Ajax not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    leviticus
    Participant

Before the update to v3, the ajax components (hover, etc) worked on the calendar. After the update, it no longer seems to be working. The pop-up box won’t appear on hover on the month view and when I try to select a different view, it just stays on month view.
    Thoughts?
    http://nwmnsynod.org/events

Andy Fragen

@Genesis – you don’t happen to have WP_DEBUG set to true?

leviticus
    Participant

In my wp_config.php: define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
    Debug mode is also unchecked in the Events Calendar options page.

Leah

Hi there,

I’m sorry we haven’t been in touch with a reply here. We’ve been inundated with support requests as more people update to 3.0, so we are a little behind our usual 24-hour window for responses. We do not do support over the weekend, but we will be in touch here with a more substantial reply as soon as possible.

In the meantime, some of these tips might be helpful:
    * Double check your Plugin page for updates. We’ve just released our latest maintenance release. As of 7/12, the most current versions are The Events Calendar 3.0.1 and Events Calendar PRO 3.0.2.
    * If you’re experiencing a problem with links, try resetting and resaving your permalinks.
    * If the issue is with settings, try resaving your settings page- even if you haven’t changed anything.
    * Having trouble with a customization done in 2.x? Be sure to check out our Themer’s Guide and documentation.

You might also search the forums to see if someone else has a similar issue and has found a solution. Finally, if the problem you’re experiencing is a serious problem, you may choose to downgrade back to 2.0.11.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Best,
    Leah
    and the Modern Tribe Support Team

Hi, I was just checking the issue and there are tons of Javascript issues due to something your theme (or another plugin) is doing. The standard WordPress version of jQuery is being unloaded, and it’s loading jQuery 1.9 from Google instead. But it’s also being loaded in the wrong place. I’d bet the culprit is the theme. Check in your functions.php for it.

Fixing this will fix your issues. Let me know if you need more help on it.

leviticus
    Participant

Daniel, thanks for looking into this. I could use a little help on how to modify the code properly. I found the following code in the functions.php:

`// Cleaning up the WordPress Head
    function bones_head_cleanup() {
    // remove header links
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘feed_links_extra’, 3 ); // Category Feeds
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘feed_links’, 2 ); // Post and Comment Feeds
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘rsd_link’ ); // EditURI link
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘wlwmanifest_link’ ); // Windows Live Writer
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘index_rel_link’ ); // index link
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘parent_post_rel_link’, 10, 0 ); // previous link
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘start_post_rel_link’, 10, 0 ); // start link
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘adjacent_posts_rel_link_wp_head’, 10, 0 ); // Links for Adjacent Posts
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘wp_generator’ ); // WP version
    if (!is_admin()) {
    wp_deregister_script(‘jquery’); // De-Register jQuery
    wp_register_script(‘jquery’, ”, ”, ”, true); // It’s already in the Header
    }
    }
    // launching operation cleanup
    add_action(‘init’, ‘bones_head_cleanup’);
    // remove WP version from RSS
    function bones_rss_version() { return ”; }
    add_filter(‘the_generator’, ‘bones_rss_version’);

// loading jquery reply elements on single pages automatically
    function bones_queue_js(){ if (!is_admin()){ if ( is_singular() AND comments_open() AND (get_option(‘thread_comments’) == 1)) wp_enqueue_script( ‘comment-reply’ ); }
    }`

And then in the header after the css call:
    ` `

Is this the culprit? What would I need to change to make jQuery load properly?

leviticus
    Participant

(Sorry, not quite sure how to post code on this forum.) Here’s the header php code:
    script src=”https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js”

Leah

Hey Genesis,

I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that although Daniel is not available to answer you today, he will be in touch tomorrow.

If you’d like to post code, I recommend using a service like pastebin or gist.

Thanks for your patience!
    ~Leah

Hey Genesis,

The offending lines are:

if (!is_admin()) {
    wp_deregister_script(‘jquery’); // De-Register jQuery
    wp_register_script(‘jquery’, ”, ”, ”, true); // It’s already in the Header
    }

plus that one in the header.php code that you posted where jquery is being manually added.

But the fact that the theme author decided to go against best practices, makes me think that it’s quite likely that something in your theme may stop working if you change this. I’d strongly suggest you get in contact with your theme’s author and check it with him.

Cheers

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Ajax not working’ is closed to new replies.