Aggregator wont pull in any data

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator wont pull in any data

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    reggie lewis
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I recently purchased events aggregator but cant get it to pull in any data when I set the mile radius. After removing the mileage field the aggregator pulls in data from everywhere but my local area

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Reggie,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you out.

Can you please send me a link the calendar that you’re trying to import from and a screenshot of the settings you’re using on the import screen so that I can test this out on my end? Please note that attachments will not be included when replying via email, so you will need to login and upload the image directly to the thread.

Thanks,

Jennifer

reggie lewis
    Participant
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Reggie,

Thanks for sending that info! I see that you’re trying to import from a search page – unfortunately there is an issue at the moment where events are not being imported correctly from Eventbrite search result pages. I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket for this issue, so as soon as we have an update on this, we’ll let you know here.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing, and thank you for your patience as we work on getting this resolved! Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Thanks,

Jennifer

reggie lewis
    Participant

jennifer, can I get my money back? This is taking way too long….it wont aggrate facebook or eventbrite….its complety useless to me

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

reggie lewis
    Participant

ok Jenifer, I tried the facebook method and ical URL in facebook isnt there

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Reggie,

If you go to the this page – https://www.facebook.com/events/ – you should see an “Upcoming Events” link in the bottom righthand corner (it’s under the Upcoming Birthdays box on my screen). If you right-click this link and click “Copy link address”, this will be the link that you need to import. You can then select “iCalendar” as your import source and paste in that link. It should begin with “webcal://www.facebook.com/ical/u.php?uid=”.

If you aren’t seeing the link at all, can you send me a screenshot of where in Facebook you’re looking?

If this doesn’t work for you, can you please send me the Facebook link that you’re using so that I can test it out on my end?

Thanks,

Jennifer

reggie lewis
    Participant

hey jennifer,
    ok, its pulling in the events but no pictures and not all the details

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Reggie,

I apologize for the delay here – it looks like the image is not included in the information that Facebook gives us. If you remove the “webcal://” text from the Facebook events URL you imported from (so that the link begins with “www.facebook.com”) and go to that link in your browser, you will get a download of an .ics file. This will show you all of the information that Facebook allows us to access. Unfortunately, anything that does not show up there won’t be accessible to Event Aggregator. What should be included is the event title, start and end dates, organizer, venue, and description, provided that these details are included in the Facebook event. Can you tell me if any of these are missing on your end?

reggie lewis
    Participant

This really sucks!
    I know this isnt your fault but…All of these issues should be made known BEFORE we purchase this plugin so that buyers can make a clear decision.

Have the developers fixed my original complaint?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Reggie,

I completely understand where you’re coming from here. We have all been disappointed about the changes related to Facebook as well. We have done our best to remove all references to Facebook imports from our Event Aggregator product pages but still offer workarounds for the API issue where we can. I checked on our internal tickets for the Eventbrite search/category URL issue, and it looks like these are slated for the next maintenance release and should hopefully be out over the next few weeks, although I cannot make any guarantees here.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better update for you here, but we’ll notify you as soon as this has been resolved!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator wont pull in any data’ is closed to new replies.