Aggregator seems to ignore some events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator seems to ignore some events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

I have previously used Aggregator successfully on http://www.natureparkchapter.de in conjunction with http://www.facebook.com/natureparkchapter.
    However, each time I login to my dashboard and go to the “import” tab I see “import in progress” which doesn’t look correct.
    Further, when I run the automated 30minute import or a manual import there is one particular event that gets ignored. I added the same event a second time to my fb page (with an intentional typo to differenciate the two entries) and this one gets ignored as well. Further, in the import history I don’t see any imports being carried out for the last 3 days, although neither the site nor the script was touched.
    What’s happening here?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Joe,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with Event Aggregator. Let me try to help you solve this.

each time I login to my dashboard and go to the “import” tab I see “import in progress” which doesn’t look correct.

That definitely doesn’t look correct. We had an issue like that before but it was only a visual glitch. No import was running any more, only the notification didn’t disappear.

Does it always show the same status? Or is it different every time?

when I run the automated 30minute import or a manual import there is one particular event that gets ignored.

This can happen when you had that event imported before, but then you deleted it, or rather clicked hide & ignore, and it is still in that list. When you go to the list of your events in the dashboard, then you should see a link to it above the list. Just like trash.

Cloudup yg0xiehgydr

Further, in the import history I don’t see any imports being carried out for the last 3 days, although neither the site nor the script was touched.

Imports usually are done based on a cron, which is triggered when someone visits your site. In periods when there are no visits to the sites none of the cron jobs run.

I hope this sheds some light on your questions.

If you still need help with any of these, let me know and then please also check your Event Aggregator System Status at the bottom of the  Events > Help page and should look like this:

Cloudup vmghy3uh2m1

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator seems to ignore some events’ is closed to new replies.