Aggregator question

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Aggregator question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Simpson

I have Event Calendar and considering the Aggregator. My specific application would be to take events from iCal which I know it does. HOWEVER I have multiple “calendars” on my iCal. Can I designate which one(s)? How do you populate descriptions, etc? I presume you need to do that manually. If so, would I have to do the same thing manually for each recurring event that has been pulled in by Aggregator?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You can designate specific url links and categories.

Is that what you are looking for you?

Thanks,
    Bendan

Eric Simpson

Hi Bendan,

No .. I use iCal on my Mac as my calendar of choice. I see you can import events which is fab. I can set up multiple “sub calendars” on iCal one of which is personal, another room hire, etc. But I don’t want them on my website. Can I designate a specific “sub calendar”? How much information is actually populated using Aggregator? For example, we have one event that occurs regularly but not every week. It would be nice not to have to go and designate an image, description, etc each time as it is repeating of the same thing. If I have to do that, I’m not sure Aggregator would actually save me the much time. Hope that all makes sense. Thanks.

Eric Simpson

I saw you used the word “categories”. I’m not sure what you mean and in what context.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

There are no sub-calendars but you can create a category. For example lets say you have the category “personal”. Then you can go directly to that link and only see your events that are in this category. ie: website.com/events/month/?tribe_eventcategory=personal

In regards to your image, description, etc, the aggregator will pull whatever is matched up. It will give you a preview of what options and then from there its automatic.

In any case, we do offer a 30 day refund if for some reason it doesn’t meet your needs.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator question’ is closed to new replies.