Aggregator not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dubaicentral
    Participant

Hi,

The plugin is not getting the events from my google calendar.

Before I had a problem with duplicate events showing on the calendar. I deleted all events and scheduled new imports. Now it is randomly showing some events from my google calendar and some others don’t show.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-calendar-import-not-working/

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi dubaicentral,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with importing.

Does the import run and import some events while it leaves out some? Or it runs but gives an error without importing anything? Or doesn’t even run at all?

As a first step, please make sure to update The Events Calendar plugin to the latest version and then check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Also check the following settings:

• Event Aggregator System Status under Events > Help page. All indicators should be green.
    • The setting under Events > Settings > Imports tab > Global Import Settings section > Import limit type and make sure that the events that are not being imported do fall within the limits set there.

If the issue is still there, then please share with me:

• the url to the feed that you are trying to import
    • one or two sample events that are not being imported with that url

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

dubaicentral
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your message.

The importer is not working at all. The history tab shows that everything apparently went well. 6 events were supposed to be updated. But in reality, nothing is shown on the calendar.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/aespinoza%40adventistgulf.org/public/basic.ics

That’s the calendar.

The plugins seem to be updated. Version 4.6.9.

All system status symbols are green.

Really novice with this WordPress thing.

dubaicentral
    Participant
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for checking the status and getting back to me.

I see most events were imported to the calendar, at least in Jan and Feb.

Are there some specific events that are missing?

There are couple of things we can look at.

1. Past events

Past events will not be automatically imported. The import usually starts with today’s date, unless specified.

If you would like to import past events as well, then you will need to define that before running the import. When setting up the import you will see “Refine” fields, one of them will be the date. (screenshot) Enter the desired date, run the preview and then the import.

1. Some events around the present

Check if their status is set to ‘Published’ and not ‘Draft’ or ‘Pending’.

If an event has been imported before, then put on the “ignored list” (screenshot 1, screenshot 2), then 1) it will not be imported / updated any more; 2) it will not show up on the front-end.

1. Events in the future

There is a setting for limiting imports based on number of events or timeframe. This is a protection not to overload the source site.

You can check these settings under Events > Settings > Imports tab > Global import setting section. (screenshot)

I hope this helps you move forward. Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

dubaicentral
    Participant

Thanks again for your help.

I have done anything, but most events are showing now. Nonetheless, some events that last more than one day are not appearing.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aespinoza%40adventistgulf.org&ctz=Asia%2FDubai

You can see for example the event starting on Jan 7 lasting until 20.

Some others do appear as the one from Feb 8 to 10.

dubaicentral
    Participant

I just went to the ignored events and restored them. Now they show.

Andras
    Keymaster

That’s great news, happy to hear most of the things show now.

Did you manage to get that Jan 7-20 event to show?

Is there anything else related to this topic or can we mark this resolved?

Andras

dubaicentral
    Participant

Dear Andras,

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Andras
    Keymaster

You’re very welcome! Stoked to hear all works fine.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not working’ is closed to new replies.