Aggregator not preserving local changes on facebook import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not preserving local changes on facebook import

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Susan Bowman
    Participant

I have a large number of events imported using Aggregator via Facebook import from multiple facebook ids. Two of those import with no category or local changes so those are occurring fine on version 4.4.2, which I had to rollback to in order to get around the wrong date issue on events importing with wrong date of 01/01/1990 while waiting on bug fix as per your replies to other thread discussions.

However, the third import requires changes following import to properly change event categories which are not available on facebook, thus one of the biggest reasons for using Aggregator and The Events Calendar. So, the process used is import the feed, make changes to category for events needing to moved to other categories or adding additional categories to the event and then daily processing another import of all events. When the updated import is done, the events that have had local changes to the categories are not preserved. The categories are overwritten to only show the category designated on import requiring individual edits to each category to update the category changes again. The import has to be done in a way to update description information from any changes made to the event on Facebook.

I am and have been using twenty fourteen theme, have disabled all plugins with no difference. I have rolled back to version 4.3.5 and moved forward but have had to stay at version 4.4.2 in order to have the import universal setting of preserve most recent change whether that occurs locally or at source since in the next update it is not worded the same way.

How do I correct this issue so category changes made locally are preserved on next import?

Susan Bowman
    Participant

This reply is private.

Susan Bowman
    Participant

I am adding this information I have just received my hosting company as well. So far, we’ve discussed issues with the wrong date importing as 01/01/1990 and categories not being preserved on reimport of facebook events. So I need those addressed from info above. I’m not sure what category this new information fits into, but I have been having a lot of performance issues with my site that I thought had to do with hosting. They have spent the last week working with me and while I authorized upgrading plans by two levels, during the process of working on that request they stopped and sent this email information because of a problem that has to do with TEC. I’m copying and pasting it here

Hello, I ran a check on the calendar using Query Monitor. It’s flagging a broken query from the plugin. The query is: SELECT DISTINCT 859_posts.*, MIN(859_postmeta.meta_value) as EventStartDate, MIN(tribe_event_end_date.meta_value) as EventEndDate FROM 859_posts LEFT JOIN 859_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( 859_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND 859_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (859_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-success’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-failed’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-schedule’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-pending’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘tribe-ea-draft’ OR 859_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY EventStartDate DESC, 859_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 1 The complaint from the query is: Unknown column ‘859_postmeta.meta_value’ in ‘field list’ I believe the problem is because the table name is being joined in as a different name, so instead of “859_postmeta.meta_value” it should be “tribe_event_end_date.meta_value”. This isn’t something you can fix. It’s a problem in the plugin code itself. It could also affect the performance of the page because MySQL has take the time to check and then fail that query. There are two other factors that are affecting performance, one more so than the other. The first is the number of events. The more events, the more data that has to be queried. This is causing for a few slow queries on the page. A recommendation I found on the Modern Tribe forum was to upgrade the hosting account. The person answering assumed the account was on shared hosting, which yours is. In your case, you’re on a plan that has a low number of resources. However, I’m not completely convinced that the hosting plan is the problem in your case. To be sure, I’ve temporarily switched you to the next plan up that provides a higher allotment of various system resources. I’m going to leave it like this for a few days so you can run your site and see if you’re still having problems. From my perspective, the page loads in anywhere from 7-13 seconds, which would be slow for any other page but in your case you have 3400 queries running to make up the data on the calendar page. For the issue with the plugin, I suggest contacting Modern Tribe so they can check into the query and get that corrected. I suspect that it’s affecting everyone who uses the plugin but it may not have been reported yet. I’m going to leave your ticket on hold for now so I can check back in a day or two.

Clearly, this needs to be addressed immediately and not be waiting for a maintenance release down the road. If it is affecting other sites like it is affecting me, it is bad news!!

Neil Duckett
    Participant

I’m getting the same issue with the dates for new events being set to January 1, 1970 @ 12:00 am which makes the calendar look terrible.

I’ve switched it back to not re-importing events and hopefully that sorts existing events out.

When i manually try and edit the start date of the event it forces out the finished date to 18/11/2064 which i can’t override.

I will literally punch holes in walls if i’m told this is scheduled in an upcoming maintenance release and that’s weeks away!

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Neil Duckett. Reason: Added info about event finish date
    ANTONIO JOSE
    Participant

Buenas tardes:

Yo tengo el mismo problema, tenía seleccionado “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” y muchos eventos se han cambiado a una fecha de 1970. Para evitar estos cambios, he cambiado la selección de importación a “Do not re-import events. Changes made locally will be preserved.”

Pero ahora no se como localizar los eventos que se han cambiado para arreglarlos manualmente y si son muchos.

Por favor, es urgente que se arregle este problema.

saludos,

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Neil and Antonio!

We are aware of the issue you are having and the team is already working to solve it. Susan here is having different issues as well, so could you please create a separate thread so we can follow up on them individually? You can link to this thread if you like. Thanks!

Hi Susan!

Thanks for the detailed explanation of your issues.

I will kindly ask you to open a new discussion for the latest performance issue, so we can deal with the import issues from above in this thread. You can copy paste the content of it and link it to this one as well. When posting that new one, could you please tell us what admin screen or frontend view does this query issue occurs on? Are there any additional steps required to see it?

To add to what your hosting company suggests, I agree with them and we would not recommend upgrading the hosting account in your case.

Regarding the import issues, I first wanted to let you know that we don’t accept users credentials as stated in our Terms and Conditions. That said, rest assured I am here to help and will try to find a solution for this. I will make some tests about this issue and will get back to you as soon as I can. Could you share with me (in a private reply if you like) the sources for those imports?

Thanks!

Victor

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Thanks Victor, i won’t be creating a seperate thread – i’ve mentioned this to support before that it’s pointless. I go to the trouble only to be told it’s pending a fix in the next release.

I’m still waiting on several things to be fixed from months ago, scheduled import failing etc …. I’ve come to the realisation it may or many not be in the next release, regardless of what i’m told.

Susan Bowman
    Participant

As stated in the details in posts above, the import is coming from Facebook. Was this simply to delay trying to answer the questions?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Susan!

I’m really sorry it took so long to reply. I meant to ask you for the Facebook url where you were importing the events from. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough.

I’ve been doing some import tests since my last reply and I could reproduce the categories issue when importing. It turned out to be related to a known bug the team is already working on at the moment.

While we cannot specify an exact date for this to be fixed, rest assured it is already in the list of tasks currently at work.

I will set this thread to “Pending fix” so the team will let you know as soon as the bug fix is released.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Victor

Susan Bowman
    Participant

Are there any updates on an ETA for this fix? I’m scared to update to the newest version unless I know the issue has been resolved.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Susan!

Thanks for the follow up!

Unfortunately, this issue has not been fixed in the latest maintenance release, which includes several other fixes.

However, the good news is the team has already come up with a fix for this issue and is going through QA at the moment. While I cannot specify a date for this, it is likely to be on our next release.

We always recommend upgrading to the latest versions of our plugins, but we also recommend having a staging / dev site where you can test all upgrades and major changes before doing so in the production site.

Thanks for your patience!

Best!
    Victor

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Some changes in the last major version release of The Events Calendar fixed part of the issue as well.

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not preserving local changes on facebook import’ is closed to new replies.