Aggregator not importing all events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not importing all events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

Hello! I am using the following ical feed to import events for the year:

https://athletics.lincolncollege.edu/events/?ical=1&year-feed

However, only 30 events are being imported to the root domain. I’ve downloaded the .ics feed from the subdomain and it also only delivers 30 events. It appears the issue is the subdomain athletics.lincolncollege.edu is not exporting all the events. Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

The following info may help resolve the issue:

I downloaded the following event: http://athletics.lincolncollege.edu/event/swimming-diving-grinnell/

The .ics file has zero bytes. Apparently it’s not exporting the information.

Hope that helps!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Barnabas,

Thanks for using our plugins and I’m really sorry about this issue with export and imports on your site.

The 0-bytes .ics for a single event is a bug that we are aware of. It is already being worked on and if all goes according to plan the fix will come with the next maintenance release this month.

The other issue – importing only 30: I have checked the feed, did a test import and checked the calendar you are importing from. As far as I know and see, all events are being imported. You might see less (30 vs. something) b/c multi-day events are counted as one event.

There is one minor bug which we are also aware of, multi-day events get imported, but after the import they end one day earlier.

I’ll add your thread to the bug tickets to give them more push.

While I cannot provide you with any solution at the moment, I do hope this answers your questions. I want to let you know that your voice is heard and we are working on the fixes.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once a fix is released. Thanks for your patience!

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Cheers,
    Andras

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 2 October 2017) is out, including a fix for the issue numbered #67492 (Multi-day all-day events, when iCal exported, end one day earlier when imported to Outlook / Thunderbird)

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-2-october-2017/

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not importing all events’ is closed to new replies.