Aggregator license key

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator license key

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elly van der Mark
    Participant

Hello!
    Since todays update The Event Calendar doen’t work anymore. This is the message I get:
    “It looks like you’re using Event Aggregator, but the license key is invalid. Please download the latest version from your account.”
    However, the license key is correct.

It seems that after every update, The Event Calendar stops working correctly, so I am very hesitant to update this plugin. A few times I have re-entered all events to make them show up again…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elly,

I’m sorry to hear you’re running into so many issues, but I’ll be happy to help you get them figured out!

Regarding the license key, it sounds like your Pro key may be entered under the Event Aggregator section…could you please verify that your key is entered under Events > Settings > Licenses > Events Calendar Pro? It is actually very common for users to have entered their key for other add-ons in the Event Aggregator box!

When plugin updates are released, it is always a good idea to do the update in a testing environment first, just to make sure there are no issues with your theme or other plugins that you have installed on your site. If you don’t have one already, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

When you say that The Events Calendar isn’t working anymore, could you please provide a few more details on what is going wrong? If you’re running into errors or features aren’t working properly, it would be a good idea to test for conflicts with your theme and other plugins – it’s possible that the most current versions of our plugins aren’t getting along with something else on your site.

Let me know what you find, and we can continue troubleshooting from there!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Elly van der Mark
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply.
    There are two different issues.

On one site (www.bc-zeeburgerdijk.nl) I use a very simple calendar, just
    showing events that I entered via WordPress. At the Settings menu it is
    suggested that I buy a license for the Aggregator, but I don¹t think I need
    this plugin. In any case, I can¹t find a separate License key, just the one
    for The Events Calendar PRO.
    After the last update of PRO the events don¹t show on the calendar page.

As you can see below no events pop up (fig. !), although there is one event
    available (fig. 2).
    (Hope you regocnize the screens, although they are in Dutch!)

On the other site (www.buurthuisarchipel.nl) I also use just the events that
    are entered via WordPress. After each update of The Events Calendar Pro, the
    calendar seems to be empty. At the latest occurrence of this problem, a
    change to the settings made it run again. I stopped downloading upgrades,
    since already twice I entered all events again, which is ­ of course ­ a lot
    of work!

I haven¹t tested both sites yet by deactivating other plugins, but I do not
    think I have added any lately.

Hope this helps to give you more of an idea of the problems.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Elly,

Thanks for sharing those links! Unfortunately your pictures didn’t come through – if you reply to the email notification you get, attachments will not be included. You would need to upload the images directly on the thread. I took a look at both sites though, and it looks like the events are currently displaying correctly on http://www.buurthuisarchipel.nl/activiteiten/, but I could not find the events section on www.bc-zeeburgerdijk.nl…could you please send a link to it?

I would still recommend testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins, as updates involve new code which has the potential to conflict with other things on your site. However, when plugins are updated, you should still have the events in the backend of your site…actually even deleting the plugin does not delete the events you have entered from the database. When you say that events are gone after an update, do you mean that they Events section on the backend of your site is empty?

Regarding the license, you are correct that you do not need an Event Aggregator license. I actually meant that users frequently enter the Pro license into the Event Aggregator license box by mistake, which can cause an “invalid license” message to appear. Once you’ve installed and activated Pro, you should have another box there specifically for Pro (see screenshot).

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator license key’ is closed to new replies.