Aggregator Issues – Sync Schedule – Import In Progress Stuck

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator Issues – Sync Schedule – Import In Progress Stuck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

I am having some issues with the Event Aggregator. I have seen a couple of these issues on the message board:

1. The message,”Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.” has been running for days now not sure what is causing this, I did see several errors in the sync history. (see screenshots attached)

2. I have also noticed that my facebook scheduled event syncs are not happening hourly when configured to hourly. I have had several issues with the other time periods as well but I am fairly confident that the sync schedule isn’t working and not sure why. (see the same screenshots – it looks like around Nov 25th most of the scheduled facebook imports stopped working… I had to manually resave some of the facebook pages to fix the issue although it did not fix all the problems.

3. Just an FYI – I also noticed that Event Aggregator errors were being posted to the wordpress comments section. I noticed this stopped but my comment count is way higher than the actual number of comments listed now. I was going to paste the errors posted to the wp comments but their visibility appears to be filtered.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Philip,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry about the issues you are having with importing from Facebook. We do have several similar reports and your #1 and #2 points seem to be confirmed bugs. I’ll add this thread to the internal bugtickets as well, to give it more push. A fix will be on the way soon.

We are also aware of the high number of comments appearing. We are totally aware and are working on a fix as well.

I’m sorry I cannot give you an immediate fix for these, but rest assured, we are working on resolving these issues. I ask for your kind patience until the fixes arrive.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Philip,

Our developers are working on the scheduled Facebook import issue, and a bit of help / info would be needed from you.

First as a note on how scheduled imports work. They are basically saved cron jobs, tasks that run after a period of time. But in order for them to kick in a visit to the website is needed, that is what starts a cron job.

E.g. you might have an import set up for every hour, but if it is night and nobody visits your site for couple hours, then no imports will happen. This can be influenced if you use an alternate cron manager. Are you using anything like this?

Also you are saying:

I have had several issues with the other time periods as well…

Could you elaborate on this, please? Is the issue with all of them that the scheduled imports don’t work? Or something else?

And for the info needed:

• Could you share some Facebook urls / pages where you are pulling events from?
    • How are the scheduled imports set up? Could you share a screenshot or two of that?
    • What is your Event Update Authority setting? You can find this under Events > Settings > Import tab and looks like this: https://cloudup.com/cvGYf71lZE2

Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Andras

Philip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Philip
    Participant

Other issues I have noticed at this point are all related to the sync issues and aggregator :). It seems like I noticed some other issues at times but I think they are all related to bugs in aggregator.

If you all would like access to the website let me know…

Philip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator Issues – Sync Schedule – Import In Progress Stuck’ is closed to new replies.