Aggregator import not working for me either

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator import not working for me either

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Like many others on this forum the aggregator is not working. When I try to schedule an import from either an iCalendar or Google Calendar I get this warning message:

There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message

Attached is a screenshot of my system status that you have asked for in other tickets. It looks like there is no connection to https://ea.theeventscalendar.com/ is that server down?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry you’re running into this issue!

There can be glitches in the server from time to time that may cause the service to be temporarily unavailable, so if you haven’t tried recently, please go ahead and try again! If it’s still not working, could you please send me the URL you’re using to import so that I can do some testing on my end?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Scott
    Participant

The imports are now working. I am a bit concerned however that you say there are glitches that cause the service to be temporarily unavailable. How often does this happen? How long is the down time when it does happen? What is being done to prevent this from happening?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Glad to hear everything is working now!

I understand your concern, but this does not happen often and is usually resolved quickly – a “glitch” could be something like a request timeout (which could happen with a slow internet connection, for example) in which case waiting a few minutes and trying again would hopefully resolve it. We are continually working to improve the service and minimize interruptions, but again, they do not happen frequently.

Since this thread has been marked “resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close out this thread. Please feel free to open a new one if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator import not working for me either’ is closed to new replies.