Aggregator Import Issue: Need Suggestions

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator Import Issue: Need Suggestions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    timmy12969
    Participant

I suddenly have 1100 events with no images because of the new bug in the Facebook featured image download.

Please suggest how I should proceed.

1. Should I turn off the Aggregator to stop adding events with no images until repaired?
    2. Should I delete the recent imports, and wait for the plugin to be repaired, and then reimport?
    3. Should I use a tool like WP All Import to manually add the images?

The plugin is amazing when it works, and hopefully will be enjoying it again very soon.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tim!

I’m sorry you have been impacted by this issue as well. We’ve been working on the EA server side of things today and made some changes that should have fixed the problem.

Could you please try importing from Facebook and see if the images comes through?

Thanks,
    Victor

Brian
    Participant

I have had the same problems with the event aggregator. The problems with this plug-in are nonstop since day one I have had nothing but issues with this plug-in. You guys just had me pay for it the second time, And I have not experienced a single day where this plug-in hasn’t been problematic. I really hope the change that you guys made fixed the issue with the importing of events without images. I was excited to see that the plug-in was actually importing events this month only to find out that it was importing all of the events with no images.

People do not look at events without images. So it makes the importing factor useless.

timmy12969
    Participant

Sadly. I cannot answer your question, Victor.

I have two messages on the import screen:

This has been on the screen since 11 pm last night, 18 + hours
    Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the
    background.

If I try to run an import I get this:
    The daily limit of 100 import requests to the Event Aggregator service has been reached. Please try again later.

The last import was run 11 hours ago. I think the system queued up a bunch of actions. In my history, the first 30 action have a red icon.

Please advise.

Good news: I did a one-time import and the picture did convey.

timmy12969
    Participant

Progress Report: The Aggregator seems to be working and updating events that do were originally imported without pictures. I can say that about half are coming down. But….. it’s slowest I have seen. Any venue with more than 4 events is taking greater than 30 minutes to complete.

Suggestion On This Dialog Message … add the venue:

Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background. (ADD VENUE HERE)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tim!

Thanks for keeping us posted about the progress.

The slowness you are experiencing might be because the imports had to import images for all the events at once, thus taking more time to your site to process the images. When re-importing those events a second time, it should take less time because the images are already in your site.

Regarding the message you are getting, it indicates the import is currently being processed in the background via a cron job, so you can navigate away and perform other actions in the meantime.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Hi Brian! thanks for chiming in here.

I’m really sorry the images issue has impacted you as well. I can totally understand your frustration with it.

As you can see we have been able to fix this yesterday as it was an issue on the Event Aggregator server side of things, so please try the imports again and see if it works for your site. If you encounter any problem, please let us know about it by opening a new topic. This will help us keep things more organized and make sure we give the proper attention to each of you.

We apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused. And we appreciate your patience with this.

Best,
    Victor

timmy12969
    Participant

I feel is resolved, but now I have many events with no images. Is there a way to purchase a code or get a quick-fix so I can import more than 100 scheduled events in one day with my license? I will only need this for about a week so I can set everything back up on its original schedule?

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

timmy12969
    Participant

Thank you for the key, Victor.

I am getting this screen on Meetup. Does the red icon indicate no new imports, or error?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tim!

The red icon indicates there was an error. By hovering over the icon you’ll get the exact error message for it. Please let us know the error message you are getting.

Also, what happens if you manually run one of those imports? does it fail again?

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue :slightly_smiling_face:

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator Import Issue: Need Suggestions’ is closed to new replies.