Aggregator Import from ICS File Showing NO records to import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator Import from ICS File Showing NO records to import

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dean Unger
    Participant

I have a test Calendar.ICS file exported from Outlook 365. I have latest WP, Events Calendar PRO and Aggregator plugins as of yesterday (11/14/2017). When I click to import this file I get an error that says: Your preview doesn’t have any records to import.

However, when I import that same file into my Google calendar or my personal Outlook calendar, it successfully imports 7 events.

How can I get this to work correctly? I’ve attached the .ICS file. I’m trying to get this to import from this calendar on a regular basis, which I understand is 1 hour from last time someone visited the site.

Please help me with this as I’ve read everyone else’s support threads with the help of my senior level WP coder and nothing has worked so far that we are trying.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Dean,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked the file for you, thanks for attaching it.

All the events that are in that feed are in the past (early November) so by default Event Aggregator doesn’t show them to you.

If you enter an earlier date in the date field (e.x. 2017-11-01) then the events which come after that will already show up. Here’s a screenshot I just did of that.

Hope this helps. Check and let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dean Unger
    Participant

Thank you. It looks like this aggregator won’t work for us anyways. We added the future events, but it’s not bringing in any links or attachments- only the title, text and date. So I think we have found a different solution just using iframes. It’s unfortunate as the events calendar is better looking but just incredibly unreliable in how it imports from Outlook on a continuous updated feed.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

I’m sorry to hear our solution didn’t cut it for you. Also happy to hear you found one that does!

Based on the ICS / iCal standard every event should have a unique identifier (UID) which stays unchanged throughout the course of the life of an event. This is the only way to securely identify an event. However, Outlook is not following fully the ics standards unfortunately, which is causing challenges. In the outlook feeds the UID changes for every event with every request, which makes it very difficult to “keep track” of them.

I wish you good luck with your project down the road. Should you ever decided to give our products a try again we’ll be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator Import from ICS File Showing NO records to import’ is closed to new replies.