Aggregator Import from google calendar as event category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Aggregator Import from google calendar as event category

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    newcollegeofflorida
    Participant

We have a large number of events currently in google calendar that we would like to aggregate to an events site. Each department on our campus uses their own calendar.

Would we be able to set the import from each calendar as it’s own even category on automated import?
    Is each category available via REST API?
    can I query for all events from calendar X from today until a year from now?
    can I query for all events from now until a year from now and have the event category included in the meta?

cheers

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

You can read more about how the Events Calendar handles REST API endpoints here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/introduction-events-calendar-rest-api/

When creating scheduled imports in Aggregator, you can set a category for all events that come in through that feed.

You cannot pull in only events that have a certain category at the source, but you can import events based on keywords, date and location. So if the category is included in the title or description, this may work.

The setting for how far in the future events are imported is a global setting, and applies to all imports. There is not a way to set different values for individual calendars.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator Import from google calendar as event category’ is closed to new replies.