Aggregator does not seem to be importing anything for me

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator does not seem to be importing anything for me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Diane
    Participant

I think about three weeks ago AGgregator stopped importing any events altogether. I get the FB thing, but if it doesn’t import anything, including an .ics file that I just downloaded from one of my former feeds, what good is it?

I have url imports, fb imports, google calendar imports and ical imports. I have some .ics single events that I manually import. None of them work.

What happened? I am running a business that has become somewhat dependent on imported events.

Can you provide an explanation or should I request a refund and look for another solution?

Diane

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Diane,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing frustration with our product. I will try to help you resolve your issues if I can.

Can you provide me with the file and links of the feeds that you’re having problems importing? I would like to start by seeing if they are working on my end. You can post them in a “private reply” if you’d like.

Thanks,
    Sky

Diane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing the additional information.

I tried importing everything, and here is what I found.

– The Google calendar link imported without issue.
    – The Facebook links will not work anymore, and Facebook has disabled API access to be able to do so.
    – The ICS file imported after I changed my “Import Date Range Limit” settings to “never” as the event is not until October.

The imports that I did have issues with are the two other websites using the “other URL” import. Do you have the latest version of the Events Calendar installed on those sites?

Thanks,
    Sky

Diane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Diane,

The “other url” functionality only works with sites that have the Events Calendar installed. One of the two URLs reports that the site does indeed have the plugin installed and is connecting to the REST API, but is still unable to connect. On that site, I would first check that they are running the latest version of the plugin. The other site does not appear to use The Events Calendar.

To change the date range setting, go to Events > Settings > Imports > Global Import Settings and set Import Limit Type to “do not limit” Sorry, my earlier description was not very good, as I was thinking of how a different setting worked.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Diane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Diane
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

Diane,

Is this the same ics file you shared with me earlier? What happens if you refresh that page? Does it still show that message? Did the import complete?

Thanks,
    Sky

Diane
    Participant

Sky,
    Refreshing doesn’t work. The message still shows. The event did not complete.

Sky
    Keymaster

Diane,

Is this the same file you shared with me earlier? If not, can you share this with me so I can try it on my end?

Also, there were a few updates released yesterday. Have you updated to the latest versions yet? If not, can you try updating and retry the import?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator does not seem to be importing anything for me’ is closed to new replies.