Aggregator can't log onto Facebook

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator can't log onto Facebook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hello

I’m having the same problem as Chris today. When I select to import events from Facebook, now for the first time it’s asking me to log into Facebook and connect my Facebook account to The Events Calendar for this to work. But then I get a hung screen with a box to “Connect Facebook to Event Aggregator” and can’t proceed further. Advice? Should there really be a need to give you my personal Facebook login info just to import events from other people’s pages as before? Thanks for any help.

Andrew

Geoff

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for getting in touch and so sorry for the trouble here!

We were indeed having an issue with the Event Aggregator server, but that seems to be resolved now and I was able to confirm that by importing an event from Facebook with no issues.

Would you be so kind as to try importing again to see if things are cleared up for you as well? I’m sure hoping it’s working but, if it’s not for some reason, please visit the Events > Help screen from the WordPress admin, check the Event Aggregator System Status and let me know if any of the items there are reading as errors.

Thanks so much!
    Geoff

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks — all that looks okay. But my basic question is:

Previously, I could import from any event page in Facebook by entering the page URL. It didn’t have to be one of my own events.

Now, when I select Facebook as the import source, rather than asking me for a URL, it’s asking me to connect Aggregator with Facebook so it can access my account to import my events.

But it’s not my own events I want to import. We work with many partners who have their own Facebook pages, and it’s their events we need to import to the Calendar. These are typically one-off events, not with auto-updating, from always-new Facebook event pages.

Can you clarify how this can continue to work in future? How can I just tell Aggregator to import from a particular Facebook URL which has nothing to do with my own Facebook account? If I “connect” my Facebook account to Aggregator will this continue to be an option?

Thanks in advance for this further clarification.

Andrew

Geoff

Hey Andrew,

So sorry that my first reply did not address your question in full!

Yes, connecting your Facebook account to Event Aggregator the first time should allow you to import events from other Facebook accounts on a one-off basis using the Facebook URL for those specific events. It should only ask that once and–when completed–will allow you to import moving forward.

I hope this helps clarify things! Please go ahead and connect your account and that will give Event Aggregator permission to fetch data from both your Facebook account and events that are in other Facebook accounts as well.

I wanted to make sure this was correct, so here’s a little screencast I put together that confirms being able to import an event from Facebook using the Facebook URL once the account is connected.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Andrew Singer
    Participant

Thanks Geoff. It’s working now.

FYI the connecting to Facebook dialog box still hung on my PC, running Windows – I don’t know why it kept hanging, but e.g. there was no Adblock turned on. Anyway I tried it on another device and it let me connect Facebook to Aggregator. After that the import works as before.

Thanks again for your responses.

Andrew

Geoff

Awesome! I’m really glad to hear it pulled through and did the trick after connecting!

It’s super strange the connection hung like that. I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for other reports like that and on my test site as well in case a pattern emerges.

In the meantime, thanks for following up to let me know all is working well. I’ll go ahead and close this thread but let us know if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator can't log onto Facebook’ is closed to new replies.