after update 'previous events' button is back on top + div overlap

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO after update 'previous events' button is back on top + div overlap

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    beeldenstorm
    Participant

Dear

After update to the newest Pro version ‘previous events’ button on top is back while i want it only at the bottom plus div overlap in photo calendar.

And that’s strange because the style and templates are in my theme > tribe-events > pro > photo.

I know HTML, CSS and PHP but after a day could not figure out how to fix this.

See the style problems on the screenshots in attachment.

Also i find the build structure from The Events Calendar templates way too complex for what it has to do.

Regards
    Bart

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Bart and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the styling issues you have encountered after the latest update.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the looks of it, there might be a couple of things at play:

1. It is possible that your custom templates and CSS need to be updated to work properly with the latest version of the Events Calendar Pro.

To test that, the simplest approach is to temporary disable your customizations. You can typically do that fairly easily by temporarily renaming your customization folder from  theme > tribe-events > pro > photo to  theme > z_tribe-events > pro > photo.

A more forceful approach is to try temporarily reverting back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue is there.

2. There might be some caching issue at play. If you have any WordPress caching on your server, please try flushing the cache.

Additionally, you might want to check the site in a private browser window to remove all potential browser cache.

Speaking of browsers, could you tell me which browser you are using specifically? This will help troubleshoot further.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for fast reply.

Our template is quite complex because of the complex structure from our organisation.
    So, changing to the mostly ‘bad’ build ‘twenty-sixteen’ or other templates shows almost nothing anymore.

I test always in Safari, Firefox and Vivaldi. Vivaldi always with clean cache and cookies.

Where in the code i can get the upper ‘Previous Events’ link out?
    So, difficult to find and every big update on another place?

Regards

Geoff B.

Good evening Bart,

Thank you for keeping the conversation active.

Our template is quite complex because of the complex structure from our organisation.
    So, changing to the mostly ‘bad’ build ‘twenty-sixteen’ or other templates shows almost nothing anymore.

I totally understand. Troubleshooting what needs updates on a complex customization is not fun. When that happens, I usually recommend the following:

• After a backup of your database, downgrading back to the last working version of our plugins on your site. Reading the following will assist you with that process: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/
    • In a staging environment, using some file compare software, go through each customization file comparing it against the most recent version of that file (in the plugin). This allows pinpointing of what the issue is.
    • While on staging, you might want to “play” with the first two settings from Events -> Settings -> Display

Where in the code i can get the upper ‘Previous Events’ link out?

If you simply want to hide those links, the quickest approach is definitely CSS.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

#tribe-events-header .tribe-events-sub-nav {display: none !important}

Otherwise, and this can vary depending on your theme, you will find what you are looking for under [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php typically.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

beeldenstorm
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the info.
    Will try the coming weeks your solutions and test models out and see what i can find out.

For the other problem i was using .tribe-events-nav so .tribe-events-sub-nav did the trick.

I put this post as resolved because half is solved and other half i will test the coming weeks.
    Also, keeping a post long open isn’t interesting

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Bart,

I am glad things are at least half-resolved.

If your tests are unsuccessful, you are very welcome to open a new ticket while including the URL to this one (to help expedite the process).

You are welcome back any time 🙂

Have a great day!
    Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘after update 'previous events' button is back on top + div overlap’ is closed to new replies.