After Update Homepage not working properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After Update Homepage not working properly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    rm2project
    Participant

Homepage is showing events on http://worth-avenue.com after update. We can’t have that so we had to shut off plugin for the moment. I see I’m not the only one complaining about this. Do you have an ETA on a fix or something to correct this problem. even happening on 2012 theme.

annette
    Participant

I found a solution to this by accident. Uncheck the option to have your events show up as blog posts in your normal blog and it should work 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

Good catch, annette! Thanks so much for sharing your solution! If you don’t mind, it could be really helpful to us if you could paste in a message here the System Information shown under The Events Calendar Settings: Help tab so that we can have an idea of what else might be going on.

rm2project, have you tried un-checking “Include events in main blog loop”? If so, did that help?

Please know that we are currently working on a fix for this and will let you know as soon as one is available.

rm2project
    Participant

perfect! that solved the problem thank you ladies!

Kelly
    Participant

Fantastic! I’ll let you know when I hear back about an interim fix.

Thanks for your patience!

Kevin
    Participant

I have the same bug. When “include events in main blog loop” is checked, the plugin overrides my home page completely. I have a custom home page, but it gets replaced with a “page of posts”. Obviously this is a showstopper. We need the ability to include events in the loop AND not mess with our home page settings. Please advise on a fix for this ASAP.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Kevin. I’m truly sorry that you’re in such a pickle. This bug was missed in our testing, and we’re working diligently to get it patched.

Obviously, this is only an interim workaround, not a true fix. Please rest assured that this is a top priority for us. We will be rolling out a resolution as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Kelly
    Participant

Hello, again. Our devs have gotten back to us with a code snippet that should do the trick: http://pastebin.com/nx5j5091

It needs to go in your theme’s functions.php file. If you have any questions about how to do that, please follow the links on this page: https://tri.be/fix-for-static-front-page-being-overridden-when-including-events-in-main-blog-loop/

Please let us know how that works for you!

Kevin
    Participant

Well, your snippet appears to have fixed the static homepage option, but now creates another problem. When I activate the snippet as you provided, the calendar page at /events/ no longer works.

Kevin
    Participant

Also, unchecking the “include events in the main blog loop” returns the calendar at /events/ to proper functioning.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for reporting this.

I have been able to replicate it on our test site and kicked it back to our devs. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back with an updated snippet.

I really appreciate your patience while we get this resolved for you!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Kevin. We just now finished testing this new version from our dev team.

Please see the snippet page for the correct snippet to use in your functions.php: https://theeventscalendar.com/fix-for-static-front-page-being-overridden-when-including-events-in-main-blog-loop/

Do let us know if that gets you back in business. Thanks again for bearing with us while we worked through this! 🙂

Dorian Speed
    Participant

I had the same issue on a site running Genesis. The update stripped my homepage completely. It appears it may have been a conflict with the plugin Genesis Featured Widget Amplified. The code snippet you provided did fix the problem. Thanks.

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks so much for letting us know, Dorian. Sorry for the buggy release, but I’m glad that the snippet did the trick!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Kevin. As it’s been over two weeks since your last reply, I’m going to close this thread. Please open a new one if you choose to pursue this further in the future.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘After Update Homepage not working properly’ is closed to new replies.