After migrating site with Backup Buddy plugin – 404 error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After migrating site with Backup Buddy plugin – 404 error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben

Hi guys, I’m working on a unique install here. I’ve got WordPress setup with Wamp Server on a Windows 2008 server for my company’s intranet website. There are 2 servers, one for test/dev and one for live/production. I’m using Backup Buddy to try and backup my test/dev version of WP and then restore it to my live/production server.

Everything migrates/restores fine. The only thing that doesn’t work is when I try to hit any of my events either on the main calendar view /events or a particular event /event/theevent I get 404 pages.

I have read some other posts here on the forum and tried changing my permalinks settings, things like that, but no luck.

I know it’s tough for you guys to troubleshoot localhost stuff since you don’t have access to it and can’t look at it, but in this case, with everything else working fine on the WP install, can you think of anything in particular that might cause a 404 for any event on the front end?

All events can still be seen from the WP admin panel, edited, etc. just not viewed on the front end.

The servers are setup exactly alike. They are running the same Wamp Server installation and the same version of WP.

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Ben, yeah that does make it a little tough to troubleshoot.

Have you tried deactivating all other plugins and switching to a default theme such as Twenty Eleven (just temporarily) to see if that resolves the problem?

Ben

Yes I have to no avail. I have tried deactivating and reactivating TEC and TEC Pro. Nothing. I put it into debug mode and install Debug Bar, clicked on Tribe tab and got this (screenshot): http://bit.ly/SNF63A but I’m not sure what it means. What do you think?

Thanks.

Barry

Taking heed of the “Please Enable WP_DEBUG” request in that screenshot could I ask you to insert the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then visit the events page (or what ought to be the events page) and check the debug toolbar again – ensuring you click on the “Notices/Warnings” tab. That might provide a little more information – sharing it by way of a screenshot ought to be fine.

Can I ask if you are using pretty permalinks and if so what the structure is (for instance, “%postname%”)?

Thanks!

Barry

Just checking in to see how you are getting on with this, any luck?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘After migrating site with Backup Buddy plugin – 404 error’ is closed to new replies.