After latest update site says Nothing Found–error log is full of calendar probs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After latest update site says Nothing Found–error log is full of calendar probs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

After updating, I get Nothing Found when I go to my home page. I checked the error log and the errors are all related to The Events Calendar Start Date. What has happened?? (I am using a Twenty Eleven child theme. Everything worked fine before the update.)

WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT wq52x9_posts.* FROM wq52x9_posts LEFT JOIN wq52x9_postmeta as wq52x9_postmeta on wq52x9_posts.ID = wq52x9_postmeta.post_id AND wq52x9_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ WHERE 1=1 AND wq52x9_posts.post_type IN (‘post’, ‘tribe_events’) AND (wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wq52x9_posts.post_author = 355 AND wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY post_date DESC
    ) a
    GROUP BY IF( post_parent = 0, ID, post_parent )
    ORDER BY EventStartDate ASC
    LIMIT 0, 6
    made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts
    [11-Sep-2015 06:58:17 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT wq52x9_posts.* FROM wq52x9_posts LEFT JOIN wq52x9_postmeta as wq52x9_postmeta on wq52x9_posts.ID = wq52x9_postmeta.post_id AND wq52x9_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ WHERE 1=1 AND wq52x9_posts.post_type IN (‘post’, ‘tribe_events’) AND (wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wq52x9_posts.post_author = 355 AND wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY post_date DESC
    ) a
    LIMIT 0, 6
    made by require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts
    [11-Sep-2015 06:58:38 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    ) a
    LIMIT 0, 6
    [11-Sep-2015 06:58:40 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    ) a
    LIMIT 0, 6
    [11-Sep-2015 06:59:18 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT wq52x9_posts.* FROM wq52x9_posts INNER JOIN wq52x9_term_relationships ON (wq52x9_posts.ID = wq52x9_term_relationships.object_id) LEFT JOIN wq52x9_postmeta as wq52x9_postmeta on wq52x9_posts.ID = wq52x9_postmeta.post_id AND wq52x9_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ WHERE 1=1 AND (
    wq52x9_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (221)
    ) AND wq52x9_posts.post_type IN (‘post’, ‘tribe_events’) AND (wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘publish’) ORDER BY post_date DESC
    ) a
    LIMIT 6, 6
    [11-Sep-2015 06:59:21 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘EventStartDate’ in ‘order clause’ for query
    SELECT
    SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS *
    FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT wq52x9_posts.* FROM wq52x9_posts LEFT JOIN wq52x9_postmeta as wq52x9_postmeta on wq52x9_posts.ID = wq52x9_postmeta.post_id AND wq52x9_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ WHERE 1=1 AND wq52x9_posts.post_type IN (‘post’, ‘tribe_events’) AND (wq52x9_posts.post_status = ‘publish’) ORDER BY post_date DESC
    ) a
    LIMIT 0, 6

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

I’d like to add that this update has completely messed up my home page. I should at least be able to get my regular posts. It was set up to display the calendar and integrate the event posts with the news posts on the home page. Now when I go there, it acts like I did a search and tells me nothing is found. The other pages are all OK, even the events page for the calendar views. It is just the home page where all my posts are displayed that is not working with the events calendar. I will need to try to drop back to the previous release version to get my home page back.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry again for the issues.

There is a bug in the system causing this.

There are two temporary fixes until we can get a release to fix this.

If you uncheck this setting here:

Events > Settings > General Tab > “Recurring event instances”

It will resolve the issue and show events on the home page.

The other option is to disable Events from showing in the main loop:

Events > Settings > General Tab > “Include events in main blog loop”

We have created a ticket to address this in a Maintenance Release and will update you here once that is available.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know it is a bug in the system. I deleted the update and reinstalled the previous version (3.11+) and I got my home page back with the calendar and list of news and event posts. I’ll wait for your update that fixes these problems before I update the plugins.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok that works too.

We are working on a Maintenance Release in the next couple of weeks to resolve this.

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Cynthia!

Just want to let you know that we just shipped an update and a patch for this issue was included. Please update and feel free to drop us a new note if you continue to bump into any issues with this. We appreciate your patience while we worked on this–thanks for your support!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘After latest update site says Nothing Found–error log is full of calendar probs’ is closed to new replies.